1. "Vancouver versus Montreal"

4.0
    Current Employee - VFX Artist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Method Studios full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Method is a good company to work with in Vancouver. I do not work in Montreal but my fellow artists tell me that all Montreal vfx vendors are expanding in Montreal. This happening while we are seeing some shops sizing down a bit in Vancouver.

Cons

The "race for the rebates" is continually in full swing. The trade off is that Vancouver lifestyle is very nice. The rental prices are sky-high in Vancouver while the rental prices in Montreal are lower. The big however here being the provincial tax is higher in Montreal so there is a bit of a wash in that respect for the cheaper housing in Montreal.

Continue reading
  1. "Assistant Editor"

5.0
    Former Freelancer - Assistant Editor in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Method Studios for less than a year

Pros

Great people, creative enivornment, relaxed

Cons

Not enough available work for Assistant Editor

2. "Upper level supervisors guess at client needs, Animators constantly redo work."

2.0
    Former Contractor - Animator in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Method Studios for less than a year

Pros

Some of the people who work there are really nice. Nice facilities (if incomplete as far as full resources for animators go.)

Cons

Weird politics. A few who clearly lack expertise but ingratiate, get promoted and end up supervising better talent (contract workers). Not a creative environment. Animators are often endlessly guessing at client (Marvel) needs rather than having them ever conveyed accurately by top level VFX sup. Resources for animators to create top level animation are slim or non-existent.

Discover more reviews about Method Studios.