Employee Review

Current Employee

Awesome

9 Jan 2021 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best place I’ve ever worked

Cons

No real cons in my book

Be the first to find this review helpful

Motley Fool Response

Human Resources

Ah, thanks, Fool! We’re so glad you’re enjoying your time at TMF. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Culture unlike any other company

1 Jun 2021 - SEO Content Strategist in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Fool really tries to walk the walk when it comes to company culture, more so than any other company I've ever worked for. Benefits are incredible and there is an emphasis on bringing your whole self to work everyone. Plus, you've got autonomy to work on what you're passionate about.

Cons

You might get whiplash from all the pivoting, and while the autonomy can be a good thing, it also can lead to a bunch of people working on stuff in silos and not really connecting the dots.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent benefits - working for an employer who cares about you

29 Mar 2021 - Data Analyst in Alexandria, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

TMF cares about its employees. They work hard to ensure that they know the levels of employee satisfaction, and putting forward improvements as a result. This applies to benefits, working conditions, your work environment, all the facets of work. They also believe that it is important to have a good work-life balance. I got hired during the pandemic - the company really tries hard to make everyone feel included, even new employees, and constantly puts together virtual events to share internal news, chat with your fellow employees and develop the company culture. We had a cooking class last Friday afternoon.

Cons

There's no bonus program based on performance, if that is what you like. Instead, additional compensation is given equally to all permanent employees, in the form of shares. This organization is very flat, people love to work here and therefore sometimes there aren't clear paths for progression - make sure you figure out what you want your career progression to be - they will help facilitate your progression, but you need to put the work in to get there. You might need to work on your own time to acquire new skills for the position you are targeting, and perhaps assist that other team with some additional work - but this is all voluntary, and its main goal is so you can get that new role.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Motley Fool.