NVIDIA - At Nvidia the Future is Now! | Glassdoor.com.au
Discover more reviews from NVIDIA.

"At Nvidia the Future is Now!"

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Santa Clara, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Nvidia is fun! The working environment is great, colleagues are very helpful and extremely smart. Everything happens here at Speed of Light. Lot of amazing benefits that are best in the industry. The company believes in transparency and we can see this value in its culture. At Nvidia winning is important but its more important that if we fail then we fail together and not alone. This is how we roll and we take risks knowing that we will never fail alone! I am proud and fortunate enough to be a part, of this great Company!

Cons

Cafeteria food can be better and subsidized. Internal gear store can use a boost and increase in the number of things they sell.

Advice to Management

Excellent Job! Set clear goals and lets continue to move together in the direction of these goals at Speed of Light.

Other Employee Reviews for NVIDIA

"Big name, small balls"

Pros

Big name in your CV
    If you're good with your EQ, you'll learn a lot about who you don't want to be like and how not to lead. It was great for learning that big industry names are just big names and have nothing else to be proud of

Cons

No work-life balance. Employees health is not a priority, when it fails because they worked you like a donkey, they will be very happy to dispose you like a nappy with 'lovely' legal jargon of 'health dismissal'.

Inequality of opportunities, cleverly concealed sexism.
    Showoff-ism to high degree, praise to materialism
    Budget availability for staffing and outsourcing unavailable for years to my manager and my team. I learn that it was available in the end, just not for us when we were in our positions, the supporting money was happily given to the next set of people. This makes you feel like you're being lied to all the time. I wish they had guts to tell me in my face why it wasn't available for me, my and my managers team.

No inspiring leadership
    Uninspiring work ethic
    Overblown egos of many employees and management not being able to admit their mistakes. Looking for people to blame as oppose to manning up and owning it. The culture of blame supports dishonesty and invokes fear in some individuals. When people are scared they do stupid things which often lead to negative domino effect which doesn't' benefit the team and company overall.

Advice to Management

Work on being inspiring - this is done by setting example, listening, caring for people, sharing and building leaders/ empowering.
    Work on you ego
    Work on your communication skills, be more cooperative, less ME ME ME
    Have guts to admit your mistakes. People really do respect that. They don't respect ignorance. Ignorance is a short lived technique.
    Listen more, do more, talk less

"Great company, continue to mature your practices and hire to keep up with the workload"

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are smart and willing to listen
    They look into the future
    Company is growing
    Positive energy
    Good stock options
    Jen-Hsun seems approachable, fun and creative

Cons

They need to be a bit more process oriented
    They need to continue to grow their practices to mature their business
    A lot of work and not enough bodies to keep up with the workload

Advice to Management

401k is getting better keep moving in the right direction
    Need to continue to hire to keep up with the workload
    Find a good balance between being a gaming company and a mature non-gaming business