"Understand what you're getting into"

2.0

I worked at ProShares full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There honestly aren't may pros, aside from the fact that you will interact with and meet some incredibly brilliant and driven people. The real question here is, can you use that your advantage? If you are someone who can overlook the nearly mile long list of cons in the firm and just build a solid network with the people who really matter, it may help you either move up here or leverage those networks for other opportunities at better firms. I will also say, that if you just want a 9-5 and are really good at ignoring the cons and BS, the work/life balance isn't bad at all.

Cons

How much time do you have? Lets go over the basics: PAY - The firm has a solid and unwavering policy of underpaying every single individual, minus the top few people. Aside from incredibly sub-par pay, be prepared to have bonuses/commissions withheld at the whim of one of the few decisions makers at the top just because they want to. There are some VERY strong egos at the top and they control a lot more than they let on. CULTURE - Under the layer of smiling faces and fake personalities, there is an incredibly toxic culture here. The first thing to understand is that the entire firm is owned by single individual who views the company as his own ATM. Now I am NOT saying that owners/CEOs/Founders are not entitled to their share of money because it is after-all their company. And it was not my first time working for a privately owned firm, so I thought I was prepared. But this company takes it to the extreme. 90% of the firm's profits goes to the man at the top. The remaining 10% is left on the table for every department to fight and claw over. This is really where you start to see that toxic culture. It's really hard to trust anyone there not because they are bad people, but because there are five life jackets for 10 people. So get ready for that. For the most part, the happy fake facade holds up but if you look around or care to see what's under the hood...you will NOT like what you find. JOB GROWTH - This really varies from department to department but for the most part, there is zero growth here. It really goes back to the whole pay issue. The philosophy here is every person is replaceable, so why pay anyone fairly? You are almost meant to come here, learn and hustle, and get out to something better. In fact every time someone resigns and goes elsewhere, there is almost a unanimous jubilation within the employees because "someone got out! BLACKLISTED - This I had to learn first hand and I am really angry I did not know prior. I would not have joined the firm if I had known. I am not sure as to the root of the cause, however by joining this firm you will absolutely be blacklisted at other shops. Once again, i do not know the cause or reason for this but it is something i verified through multiple sources. For example, T Rowe Price will NEVER hire you if you have this firm on your resume. I'm not sure what the back story there is, but it is something you should be very aware of.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

"Great company to work for!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at ProShares full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been with the company for about a year in total now and enjoy working here. The company is very pro-employee and has great benefits! There are a lot of training opportunities if you want to advance your skill sets.

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. "People who work there are great, but the Management has much to be desired."

4.0
    Former Employee - Market Analyst

I worked at ProShares full-time

Pros

Great benefits and small perks. Everyday people are great to work with.

Cons

You work all year to achieve the goals for the bonus structure and then last minute management will change the goal on you.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about ProShares.