"Repetitive"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time

Pros

The office is located near Kings Cross train station. The manager arranges team building events but you have to apply for it as if its a talent show but some people are automatically picked to go on it. We go out for drinks every two months to the local pub and get a free drink. The CEO seems nice and always says hello.

Cons

We have to call the same clients over and over asking for shifts even though they don't have any because if our call stats are rubbish we get moaned at. We were given sales training but it didn't help. Clients aren't split very well and my day is calling all my clients (9) twice a day and then starting at "A" on the availability and going down to "Z" and then going back to the top again. It would then become an issue because my team said they didn't have enough people to call on their lists as there weren't enough nurses to go around. We lost nurses because of our pay rates as nurse banks put their rates up higher than ours. Earn hardly any bonus and have never been told how to earn more as the bonus scheme is different every month. Managers stick together and have their favourite people which everyone sees through and if your face doesn't fit you're not part of the gang. Don't know what some of the managers and team leaders actually do other than just have inflated egos. Overall the role is boring as you are not given hardly any direction and if you ask you are looked down on as you are expected to know. I've not worked in a recruitment industry before so I'm sorry for not knowing everything but there is no need for managers to talk to you like you're an idiot.

Continue reading

Pulse (UK) Response

February 2, 2017Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Whilst it is great to read about the many things you liked whilst working here, such as the location, the events, and the benefits, it is unfortunate to read that you would not recommend the company. Our people are our most important asset, we’re passionate about listening to our staff and making sure we take positive action following feedback. Across the business we’re committed to creating a culture of openness and transparency, hence why it is important that we continue to ask for feedback in order to look at what we do well, as well as where we can improve. Our commitment to hosting focus group sessions are an example of how we welcome all feedback; regardless of whether it is less positive and focuses on where we can improve. We would very much encourage you to participate and become one of our engagement champions within the division to help us make improvements and ensure yours and other staff feedback is implemented. You can do this by contacting me at your earliest convenience. Over the past two years we have invested in putting in place a dedicated talent development team; providing all our new starters with an on-boarding programme that is aimed at ensuring our people have the tools they need to do their job. We have planned further investment in our engagement programme, health and wellbeing initiatives and developing our career pathways and promotions. These are all really positive changes and are testament to how we have listened to our staff and implemented initiatives that not only address the day-to-day, but also the longer term .Comments from our recent staff survey tell us that people value “being in a very supportive team with great senior managers”, “help being there when I need it” and our “strong commitment to learning and development”. As our business has grown we continue to remain passionate, as we always have done, about retaining the personal touch; ensuring that all our people feel valued and appreciated and that their contribution helps make a difference. We are committed to making the necessary changes. If you would like to contact me, confidentially, to talk through the points that you have made in more detail, please email me on marcella.pergande@ukics.com.

1. "great place!"

2.0

I have been working at Pulse (UK)

Pros

great environment to work at.

Cons

help lower management succeed to get better position.

Pulse (UK) Response

May 11, 2016Head of HR

Thank you for your review. It's good to hear you enjoy your working environment. As for helping lower management succeed, this is something we are currently working on and feel passionate about - we have recently developed our in-house Management Development programme and are continuing to focus on succession planning

"A great company with great people!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for less than a year

Pros

I think the most important aspect of a job is working with people that genuinely care about what they do. At Pulse, I got that impression from day one and I haven't changed my mind since! Everyone is really friendly and helpful and it makes doing my job even more enjoyable. Pulse are very strong when it comes to internal career progression; it feels like managers really advocate for their teams to grow and move up within the company. There is also transparency about how to develop and a clear understanding of what you need to do to achieve the next step up in your career. The benefits at Pulse are pretty good too, including a decent holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy/sell days. There is also a lot of emphasis put on raising money for charity which means lots of internal events, cake sales and collaborations. Overall a great company to work for and I'm so pleased to be part of the team!

Cons

Could be more flexible with working hours (start/finish times)

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Pulse (UK).