"A once great company that has lost its way"

2.0
    Former Employee - Business Account Manager in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I worked at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There were some great people within the business. The CEO is a great leader, but his senior management let him down.

Cons

I worked for Pulse for over 10 years and the reviews I have seen on here do not reflect the poor treatment that I have seen happen especially over the last 2 years. The division I worked in had no direction or strategy. Poor decisions at senior management level lead to losing many major contracts and candidates. It all could have been different if they had listened to the staff who were on the ground who knew the market. This once great company who I absolutely loved working for let me down. Lack of support to do my job efficiently, poor communication, and being left to keep staff moral high after changes being made to the business that I had no say in. No career progression- a career pathway was spoken about and promised for over 3 years which never materialised. The bonus structure is an absolute joke for what is supposed to a recruitment company! finally the company of late has lost some really good employees who worked hard and grew the business at its peak, these employees were loyal and stayed because they wanted to see the company get to that success again, but you let them down. I'm still waiting for my exit interview so I thought I'd write a review.

Continue reading

Pulse (UK) Response

HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry that your experience of working at Pulse wasn't as positive towards the end of your career as we'd like to achieve. I want to reassure you that we will take your feedback on board and ensure that we work with the Leadership team to address these concerns and take any remedial action to improve the experience of our employees both now and in the future. Thank you for your contribution to Pulse over the time you’ve worked with us. You have stated that you didn’t receive an exit interview; if you wish, please contact me at marcia.white@ukics.com, so that this can be arranged.

1. "great place!"

2.0

I have been working at Pulse (UK)

Pros

great environment to work at.

Cons

help lower management succeed to get better position.

Pulse (UK) Response

Head of HR

Thank you for your review. It's good to hear you enjoy your working environment. As for helping lower management succeed, this is something we are currently working on and feel passionate about - we have recently developed our in-house Management Development programme and are continuing to focus on succession planning

2. "Great"

4.0
    Former Employee - Producer in London, England

I worked at Pulse (UK) full-time

Pros

Good employee who was very helpful

Cons

Worked overly expected long hours

Discover more reviews about Pulse (UK).