QIAGEN - The people are great but.... | Glassdoor.com.au
  1. "The people are great but...."

Current Employee - Senior Scientist

I have been working at QIAGEN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people who work at Qiagen are what make it a great place to work rather than the job itself. The benefits are good but Qiagen is not the only company to offer these and the same can be said for flexible working hours. Work life balance is ok but the onus is on the individual employee to enforce this rather than the company as a whole.

Cons

Stress levels can be high depending on which project you are allocated to and who the managers are. Some Projects are given all the resource and everyone else is expected to cope There is a high turn over of staff at all levels of the company The pay is low for the industry and location yet they want highly motivated employees. (Even after the ~4years I have been here my pay is less than my previous... job) New hire staff without experience can earn the same as those that have been in the role for a long period of time and have more experience which seems unfair. Wage rises in April generally track inflation so it is not actually a wage rise. Pay scales are benchmarked but employees aren’t allowed to know what the range for the role actually is.

Advice to Management

You have said you want to decrease staff turn over but you seem unwilling to listen to the advice from your staff that pay is the biggest issue for people leaving.

QIAGEN2019-02-21
  1. "Great people"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at QIAGEN full-time

Pros

amazing people great products and innovation

Cons

going through a cultural change

QIAGEN2019-09-30
  2. "Good company to work for overall"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at QIAGEN

Pros

Work life balance Good salary

Cons

High employee turnover Fair bit of redundancy

Advice to Management

Imp to see how employees are feeling

QIAGEN2019-10-12

Discover more reviews about QIAGEN.