Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 3 years

Disappointing

27 Jun 2020 - Systems Engineer in El Segundo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice physical building, nice workout fields, decent cafeteria.

Cons

I have worked on a number of programs in Raytheon El Segundo for over three years. Unfortunately, I found the company overall to be led by incapable leadership, treating its engineers as instruments in its business model. This place used to be innovative when it was Hughes Aircraft Company. It is now driven by cost-cutting. There used to be a library, which is now in the process of being closed. It reflects the change in values of the organization. Many of the managers I experienced were technically incapable and failing in leadership. The place is heavy with politics and backstabbing. Engineers are often stuffed in loud cubical farms. Funds are remarkably unstable and management, lacking in technical skills and understanding, often just drives schedule, overlooking and ignoring substantial technical failings.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

10 Jun 2021 - Systems Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

the work can be very challenging

Cons

sometimes, they do not have work for you for years and they keep moving you around all the time.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great employer

29 Jan 2016 - Manager, Systems Engineering in Andover, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Raytheon for over 4 years and had a great experience. The company provided many learning and growth opportunities. I was promoted twice during my tenure with the company, and my responsibility increased significantly. I felt like my management supported me and provided me with the career mentorship that I was seeking. I felt empowered and respected during my time there.

Cons

It can be difficult to work at such a large defense contractor company because of all the process and red tape. Things can move slowly, you have to be patient and pick your battles. That being said, if you learn how to work within the system, you can make a significant impact here!

Continue reading
    211 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Raytheon Technologies.