There are newer employer reviews for Rent-A-Center

A very postiive experience that has allowed me to grow as a person, as a leader, and in my career.

Current Employee - Manager in Plano, TX (US)
Current Employee - Manager in Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at Rent-A-Center

Pros

Fast-paced, people-friendly, great people, great customers, customer service oriented, self-developing, extreme rapid career advancement, fun environment, it is a company that cares about people!

Cons

You have to get your hands dirty initially.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Very satisfied

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Rent-A-Center

Pros

Health benefits are very good. 4 weeks vacation year after 10 years. Get to leave the store occassionally. Get 401k and dental also.

Cons

The work hours are very long, (11 hours a day) and have to work on day off during holiday weeks. Don't get paid for a full work day on holidays. No Saturdays off. Only 2 sick days a year. No personal day off.

Advice to Management

Hours per day/week need to be re-evaluated. Pay employees for full holiday so we don't have to work our day off during holiday weeks. Rotate saturdays off.

2. Tiring and not really fulfilling

Former Employee - Sales Account Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Account Manager

I worked at Rent-A-Center

Pros

Laidback office environment Get a day off during the week as well as some holidays Most days you spend a portion of your day out of the office. They offer a lot of training.

Cons

Long hours. Around the holiday time to justify giving you the holiday off, they want you to work sometimes 2 hours past your normal time. You're expected to reach unrealistic sales goals. If you don't, expect visits from the district manager and regional manager.