Revlon - Collaboration, more like Isolation | Glassdoor.com.au
There are newer employer reviews for Revlon

"Collaboration, more like Isolation"

Current Employee - FPA Manager in New York, NY (US)
Current Employee - FPA Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Revlon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The pay is competitive compared to other similar firms.
- They try to work to provide employees with a work-life balance.
- International company with a strong brand.

Cons

- Most of the work provided is mundane and repetitive. There is no real innovation at the company. Known to be a status quo company.
- Employee advancement is ridiculously limited. I met employees who have worked for the company for 35 years are still Senior Analyst and have not been provided the opportunity to move up within the firm.
- The company has a strategy of working separately and then throwing the separate parts together to create the product. There is not much collaboration between the departments in the company to create more innovative ideas to help grow the company.
- Honestly, I hear employees spend more time complaining about working for the company than actually doing work for the company. It's the saddest form of productivity ineffectiveness I have ever seen.
- Management is good at selling the company and its positions, but the pitch is a lot stronger than what they have to actually offer. A company with a brand this strong cant crack the Fortune 1000, there is a reason for that. Not where you want to be.

Advice to Management

Groom and grow. Stop picking people from other companies that have no idea about your product and strategies. Also pay closer attention to your current employees and reevaluate their effectiveness and cut the fat. Get younger, and innovate. Stop being status quo. Don't believe me look at their financials for the last 5 years, always between 1.0-1.3B

Other Employee Reviews for Revlon

1. "Used to be a lot of opportunity in field sales,, now not so much"

I worked at Revlon full-time

Pros

Company with a well known name and reputation as leader in the industry

Cons

Less opportunities for advancement now.

2. "It is not who you know, but who you #$#@"

Former Employee - Unit Manager
    Former Employee - Unit Manager

I worked at Revlon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They give some a chance to grow from within

Cons

You must be a player to stay, golf, parties, and other things. It is not enough to put in long hours, but you must play after work with the higher ups if you want to stay.

Advice to Management

Stop allowing your directors to treat supervisors as thought they were complete idiots. I had one director admit he had threatened an employee. When it was brought tot he attention to upper management it was denied and dropped.