SGN - SGN | Glassdoor.com.au
  1. "SGN"

Current Employee - Performance Manager in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Job for life if you want it

Cons

Can be old fashioned at times

SGN2019-04-23

SGN Response

May 28, 2019Employee Experience Officer

Thanks so much for leaving us a review, we appreciate your feedback! We recognise that some of our processes and procedures are in need of modernisation but we've got a number of initiatives underway, in HR and IT in particular. It will take time for these changes to be implemented and embedded but will help to make things more efficient for all of our people.

1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Test Manager in Portsmouth, South East England, England

I have been working at SGN full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its a dynamic business, really up and coming in their technology, a fast paced and exciting place to work at the sharp end of today's technology. I find most the people here are really down to earth, minimising on the fluff and jargon, they actually get on with the work! I am well supported by my manager and I feel appreciated. Incredibly busy, but the work life balance is good! It is still early days in... the business, but so far so good.

Cons

Its a bit chaotic at times, lots going on. Office is very industrial and dated compared to other businesses I have worked in, limited on facilities, basic canteen, no gym and located in an industrial estate.

SGN2019-09-23
  2. "Good company, some issues"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good friendly people across the full of SGN. Progression is good however this isn't across the board, some managers lack understanding in this and I have noticed this over the years. There are good benefits and flexibility in working hours to maintain a work life balance - again this isnt across the board. There are many internal jobs that literally anyone within SGN can apply and this is encouraged. Line managers... are really helpful and want to better you and your career. Good networking opportunities across the business and external.

Cons

Senior management are more focused on bettering themselves than the wider team. A lot of new projects and resource is always stretched without thinking about how this effects the rest team who need to pick up more work - hire more people and this wont be an issue. Departments all work differently and it's difficult to get work done as slow engagement. Heavy workload and a lot is expected of you. Not enough modern... technology to support employees working in depot/offices, very behind compared to other companies . Meetings are always far too long and annoying when you have to travel far. A lot of culture differences across scotland and southern. Depots/offices are in poor locations and some very old inside. Employee surveys to share thoughts but not the right questions being asked

Advice to Management

Directors/senior management engage more with the wider team to understand their needs, this will help your employees stay for long periods. Stop focusing on your career only. Improve on IT and try and have departments working better together

SGN2019-10-05

Discover more reviews about SGN.