"Good Intentions but Constant Change"

4.0
    Current Employee - Inside Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at SHI International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Incredible CEO and GM. Pay is uncapped. Lots of learning and training. You can go from knowing absolutely nothing about IT, to eventually becoming a specialist, technical advisor, engineer, business development manager, channel account manager, etc. There is a huge community of people to support you if ever needed (countless Go Fund Me's over the years). Wins are celebrated. It is easy to meet people and make friends. You get the chance to network within the IT industry.

Cons

Inconsistent leadership and asks. The focus shifts on a weekly or monthly basis. It is very political. Management sells our time to partners, and it results in them trying to take control of our calendars; this distracts from the actual job and tasks at hand. The comp structure has changed multiple times, and quotas always seem too high or difficult to attain. There is INFORMATION OVERLOAD, and it seems few people in management have bothered taking classes in psychology or emotional/mental health. The job is extremely stressful and they would prefer you to be about quantity over quality. I'm exhausted.

Continue reading

"Wonderful Company with Many Opportunities"

5.0
    Former Employee - Inside Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at SHI International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at SHI for 4 years and am so thankful for the opportunity. I hadn't ever cold called or been in sales at all prior to. Their on-boarding and training programs are well thought-out and easy to follow. The managers are there to help you and do truly care. SHI has a big promote from within culture so most of the managers used to be the role you are in now. The culture of the Austin office is absolutely amazing, very inclusive, and makes it enjoyable to be at work. I highly recommend SHI and would work for them again.

Cons

At the time, we were given 1 work from home day per week. This was nice, but there just wasn't much flexibility given. As I grew more senior I really loved my wfh days because I actually accomplished more than being at my desk (less distractions, etc). This really isn't a con if you are okay with going into an office everyday.

2. COVID-19

"good company, would wait until after covid to apply."

4.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at SHI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

good training, lower than expected turnover for a sales company. Had some great managers who really made the job worth it.

Cons

your experience at the company will vary depending on your manager. Lack of visibility into upper managments plans, having to make important career decision with minimal time to consider.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about SHI International.