Salesforce - Best. Company. Ever. | Glassdoor.com.au

(showing 1 of 4.0k)

Employee Review

(showing 1 of 4.0k)

"Best. Company. Ever."

Current Employee - Senior Director in San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Director in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

TL; DR -- I've recently learned that this means "too long, don't read", however I invite you to read on... OMG, what an amazing place to work! Ok, beyond the title promotion while I was interviewing, the un-asked-for-raise while interviewing and after 4 months on-board, the unexpected RSU issuance, and the sizable bonus: This is one amazing place to work. Execs, across the board, are open & interested in your ideas - from any level. The level of transparency is mind-blowing: from Marc sharing his yearly objectives on company-wide TV (where *all* employees can view & participate), to every single employee's annual goals posted for all to see -- it's phenomenal to walk into a meeting with someone where you know what's important to them, and be able to share how your common goals can be accelerated by working together. Another amazing attribute: the 1-1-1 model, which is totally pervasive across the company -- every major exec all-hand starts with what the team has given back to the community. It's a beautiful, heartwarming, positive, and futuristic approach on how to impact the world. All opinions & ideas are welcomed.

Cons

If you are not open to fast-paced, dynamic change, and unexpected change of direction: need not apply. Very, very fast-moving; need to digest & decide quickly, and always think of the customer first -- if this is not your view, then please keep looking.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! I could not, after 8 employers, and consulting with 50+ companies, literally think of another company better run than Salesforce.

Salesforce Response

3 Jun 2017 – EVP, Global Employee Success

Thanks for such great feedback! We do move quickly — it's one of the things that makes this a great company — but don't forget to take time out for your wellbeing. We want to make sure that you... More

Other Employee Reviews

(showing 2 of 4.0k)

Other Employee Reviews

(showing 2 of 4.0k)

"Little to no upward opportunity... for particular demographics..."

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing technology, very good pay (for the most part), fantastic opportunity for just about everyone other than a white male in a mid-level role.

Cons

Promote based on gender & race often rather than accomplishments and abilities. While its a noble effort, they have swung the pendulum wayyyy too far to the left and literally overlook many long-term tenured employees that have proven success over the years. It's all about putting on that shiny appeal to the outside.

On the inside, it's actually pretty ugly.

Additionally, Socialism is a real thing within Salesforce... in the mid-ranks, those who excel are not compensated accordingly... and those who lag are carried by them. Executives make far more than the worker bees. Just like in a Socialist Society. Interesting, eh?

Advice to Management

Sometimes you can go too far with a good effort and you've done it. Time to real it back in before you find yourself with people in far over their heads in roles you placed them in because it puts a pretty face on the organization.

2. "Not for contractors - unless you are from preferred vendor"

Former Contractor - Consultant in San Francisco, Córdoba (Argentina)
    Former Contractor - Consultant in San Francisco, Córdoba (Argentina)

I worked at Salesforce as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership by Marc B , great food , growing market , more acquisitions

Cons

The management all the way at the top takes great initiatives to bring in more talent from experienced external consultants. The hiring managers want to work with the vendors of "their choice". If you are not from these vendors and if they are asked to work with you - its hell on earth. They wont give you any information on your day to day task , scream at in front of everyone for no reason , even when they walk by, wont come for meetings and wont tell you what the deliverable exactly is. With no one wanting to get details from the contractor - the hiring manager or the immediate manager can say anything he wants and the entire senior management believes that the contractor is unable to perform. You are at the mercy of the reporting manager / full time employee. Now if he happens to be up the hierarchy , the entire team will do anything to keep him happy and put youdown in all possible ways. No professional and enthical methods.

I worked late into the night , weekends - was asked not to put more than 40 hours no appreciated or helped in anyway. The abuse doesnt stop at work they howl in public roads as they are full time employees.

Now if I had gone through the managers preferred vendor , its bed of roses where all the details are provided to complete the project on time.

If you want more information please reach out to me can provide details on the specific projects , team , name of team member

Advice to Management

If the reporting manager / hiring manager doesnt want to work with someone like me whos not from a vendor ofhis / her choice why bring us in. A routine 3 party evaluation or someone at a director or sr director can have an open meeting to identify if all is fine.

Discover more reviews about Salesforce.