Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 5 years

Promises dreams, sells nightmares

Jan 15, 2020 - Technical Support Lead in Ottawa, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

-salary is decent -benefits are good

Cons

-this company will drain your heart and soul and then send you packing out the door when they have a replacement for you that costs them less money.

Continue reading
    18 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Jul 28, 2021 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, great support and advancement opportunity is great

Cons

Entrepreneurial start-up company so you need to be driven to work independently

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best Company I've Ever Worked For

Jul 13, 2021 - Technical Sourcer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- It's the only company that's ever truly valued my skillset and actually taken my feedback into consideration. - Unlimited PTO isn't just lip service. I'm going to end up taking ~5 weeks this year and that's not including Holiday's or summer Friday's (we've been given all summer Friday's off...it's great) - Remote first. No plans to return to an office (this can definitely be a Con for some people) - Business is booming. I don't worry about getting laid off. My role continues to grow as the company grows.

Cons

- We probably aren't paying top of market in the US. I can almost certainly get paid more working at a FAANG. I believe we're revising comp right now, but I don't have particularly high expectations. Pay certainly isn't terrible, but there's room for improvement. - Senior leadership can sometimes come across as callous when addressing employee concerns. I get it to some degree (people complaining about work from home still when we've known about it for over a year, for example), but I think they could strike a softer tone sometimes. - There's a handful of people who have been promoted into positions that they simply aren't equipped for anymore. We've scaled quickly and hired a ton of great people in the process. As a result, you sometimes have really strong teams led by really weak Managers. This has definitely contributed to some (not all) of the attrition we're seeing

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Shopify.