"Admin should be treated better"

Former Employee - Sales Support
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Softcat full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are a lot of perks with working at Softcat, even being in admin, such as admin day, 4pm beers, nights out and team lunches but a lot of it is aimed around drinking and a lot of the bigger company incentives are aimed at sales or the more popular admin people.

Cons

After over 3 years of working in admin for Softcat I wasn’t awarded the end of year bonus when I left, even though I worked the full financial year and up to the last week of the first quarter of the next financial year, which was unbelievably disappointing when there was no decent enough reason for this in my eyes. I took this up with the CEO of the company and was just told that I wouldn’t be rewarded this as they would then have to give it to every other admin person who had left since the end of financial year, not the most inspiring chat. This unfortunately left me with a bad impression after 3 years of working with Softcat and many happy, fun memories there. I believe admin, across all areas, should have a higher base salary as I was only rewarded a £1,000 base salary increase after 3 promotions within the company in the same department. If I was in sales and was promoted even once, I would imagine the base salary increase is much more than £1,000.

Softcat Response

June 27, 2018Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your time writing to us. Sales Support are valued members of our business and we’re sorry that you didn’t feel that way when you were here. We have always had a policy of paying the annual bonus to people who have both worked the financial year and are still employees at the pay date, this is common practise. We are always working hard to continuously improve as an orgainsation and take your feedback on board. Thanks Rachel Cowell - Recruitment Manager

1. "Account Executive"

5.0

I worked at Softcat full-time

Pros

No better place to gain sales experience after leaving University.

Cons

The industry and being a VAR, doesn't bring much of a bigger mission than making great money and having fun.

Softcat Response

November 29, 2019Recruitment Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, really glad you saw the value of the sales experience you can gain with us at the start of your career.ThanksRachel Cowell

2. "Former Technical Consultant."

2.0
    Technical Consultant
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Softcat

Pros

As I was not office based could not think of any, I am sure if you are in your early 20's fresh out of uni then this is the place for you.

Cons

Worst place I worked for as a Technical Consultant. If I was in sales then this would probably be a 5 star review, but from my point of view I felt like an over used machine.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Softcat.