SponsoredLinx - Questionable | Glassdoor.com.au

"Questionable"

Former Employee - Client Manager in Fortitude Valley

I worked at SponsoredLinx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people - they know when and how to have a good time, and the other CMs are great.

Cons

Very little training was provided. I was an "expert" after less than a week of employment, having never worked in marketing before. More time was spent on how to stop clients cancelling than on the technical work and ongoing training. There was also no avenues for staff to safety express concern without having a target on them.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your people. Listen to the feedback from staff and implement their suggestions. Lend more weight to ongoing development.

Other Employee Reviews for SponsoredLinx

"A company that mocks their own core values."

Former Employee - Client Manager in Fortitude Valley

Pros

The staff here that put up with upper management are all amazing. They made this place bearable for me.

Cons

My first point about this place would be that the fake reviews that management have obviously put up to help cover up the real ones, are hilarious, obvious and show you the first of many problems... Rather than address concerns or stop talented staff from leaving, they would rather pretend everything is ok.

Everyone who's currently working there would tell you this, but there is a huge ugly elephant in the room, and it's name is job satisfaction. I could count the number of people who are happy to be there and do more than just collect their pay each week. It's a common suggestion by other staff to simply keep your head down and not bother management. Every single client manager takes on way too many clients, and as a result they can't properly manage any of them. The sales team will bring on businesses that can barely afford the services offered, and the client managers job is then mainly to try and keep them on as long as possible. they literally have meetings daily and talk about how they can keep clients looking to cancel. I get that it's a business, but they only seem to care about quantity over quality.

The hiring process seems great at first, but when you come on board, there is barely any training, then after 2-3 weeks of this, they chuck you on the phones and its your job to try turn thing around for struggling businesses.

The CEO and his wife are never there, leaving the reigns with people who have less experience than most of the client managers. Why they don't just sell the business, I don't know, but they are obviously entrepreneurial types and have no interest in fixing the company, just putting a bandaid on things and creating new businesses to make money from.

Advice to Management

fix the culture, fix the on-boarding process, fix the training, fix the sales team and take a long look at the people you've chosen to lead the company to success.

Listen to your staff because they have more innovation and ideas than you actually realize. If you really cared about your staff, ask them truly how they feel about their jobs.

2. "Best Decision I ever made!"

Current Employee - Client Manager in Fortitude Valley
    Current Employee - Client Manager in Fortitude Valley

Pros

Great opportunities, awesome people & I genuinely feel that each day I am here, I am making a difference. I have increased my skill set from technical aspects to b2b communications and this company still continues to provide the support and mentorship to continue that growth. This company as a whole has come leaps and bounds since I have been here and I look forward to seeing what the future has to bring. Also the views from our building are top notch!

Cons

It is a challenging job which definitely keeps me on my toes but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!