Squiz - Great place to work | Glassdoor.com.au

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Web Solutions Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Squiz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Nice open plan office, where you can easily walk round and chat to people... or fire a nerf gun at them. - Lot's of different work - It's not the same work day-in-day-out, every project is different. We have so many clients, meaning we get so many different projects coming through. My favourites are the single page apps, where I get to use ReactJS! - Awesome fridge with beer and wine... people love that in... the evenings, especially Friday! - People are actually encouraging!! That's a rare thing I've found with my previous employers. You feel that people are grateful for your work.... they actually thank you and say "well done! good job!". It isn't vital but you certainly enjoy the day-to-day more when it happens. - Cool benefits, like the health fund (300 bucks a year to spend on anything healthy! ... I went with running trainers and a yoga mat) - Around the office people are.....pleasant! It's in the 'Squiz DNA' ....'Don't be a jerk', which you can see when talking to people in general. I feel like everyone's approachable and friendly. I've never had a falling out with anyone at the office. - Whenever you fancy a ping pong game, you can just step away and get super competitive for 10 minutes, which really helps with the post lunch coma on some days. - Lot's of career progression - if you're willing to choose to be positive, be brave, take ownership of new, unknown and scary looking projects, then there are great leaders there who will see that and will want to raise you up to new and greater roles & responsibilities. The company structure isn't stagnant, they're usually looking for ways to mov things around and improve the structure, so there's frequently new internal roles available. I've always felt supported by the leadership in my career progression. - Regular Squiz paid social events.... definitely want to stick around for when pizza is ordered! - We do timesheets here at Squiz, which a lot of people don't like. You might not believe me but..... I think the timesheets are a good thing and actually help me!! You can document where you've spent your hours so nobody is glaring at you if you need to leave at 4pm. It totally supports our flexibility. I don't feel any negativity in taking a 2 hour lunch break as long as I chalk in an extra hour somewhere else in the week. This is unlike other companies I have worked for, which have a culture that slowly drifts into expecting you to work 9 hours a day but you only get paid for 7.5. - Squiz is willing to pay for an awesome team lunch every now and again :)

Cons

- A few projects come through that aren't super interesting, e.g. just large websites. But then something awesome comes along that you can make into a Single Page App using react/redux/ssr, which is the real fun stuff.

Squiz2017-08-25

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Good"

Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Squiz full-time

Pros

Very good working environment. nice people

Cons

Not much I think for now

Squiz2019-10-07
  2. "Great place to work- the people are fantastic"

Former Employee - Implementation Specialist

I worked at Squiz full-time

Pros

Great team, good for learning, great culture and fantastic work/life balance

Cons

I don’t have anything negative to say. It truly was a great place to be.

Squiz2019-09-17

Discover more reviews about Squiz.