"Great place to work"

5.0
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Sydney

I worked at Squiz full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is unbelievably kind to each other. Everyone is honest with each other and I never once felt under personal pressure. The team is laid back, but really focused. A really intelligent group of people who have great vision, and operate very well.

Cons

Can't think of any to be honest

Head of People & Culture

Thanks for your great feedback and glad that you had such a positive experience while you were here.

1. COVID-19

"Great company with a few issues"

4.0
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Sydney

I worked at Squiz full-time

Pros

Really smart people with a great culture and the work is usually pretty interesting. Squiz's tech was getting a bit stale but the new stuff they're launching looks good. I think the product team has finally got their act together. I really liked working at Squiz and would go back if I had the chance.

Cons

I only gave 4 stars because the company had a big restructure that was supposed to be because of COVID. I can see things are working better, but I'd have preferred the company to be more open about their reasons for restructuring. The CEO is generally pretty open with lots of comms but this annoyed me as some of my friends got the boot.

Head of People & Culture

Thanks for your open feedback. I am pleased that overall your experience was positive. Our people are what make us, and we're proud of the achievements of these really smart people we have. We are also definitely excited about what is coming out of Product and what it means for the future. COVID definitely had an impact on us and unfortunately, as a result, we did have to make roles redundant. At the same time, we needed to make changes to become more globally and product aligned. I can assure you such decisions are never made lightly and we know that this was really difficult for those directly impacted. Some people took advantage of the career transition support we offered through our Talent team and it has been great to see our ex-Squiz people find new roles.

"Squiz has no idea how to win new business, they backed the wrong horse."

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales in Sydney

I worked at Squiz full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice offices, some quality staff

Cons

Success internally is based on things other than performance. If you speak the truth, you are likely to be frowned upon if it is not what senior management want to hear. It looks all shiny from the outside, but really there is a lot of politics playing out.

Continue reading

Head of People & Culture

We welcome and take feedback seriously as we want to make this a great place to work. Like everyone, we don't always get it right but we do respond and put things in place when it makes sense. We're committed to this being a place where our people can do their best work, and a choice for our customers because we make a difference, and being authentic is an important part of this.

Discover more reviews about Squiz.