1. "#ConnectedIntelligence in action"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unsurpassed data, tech, scale,. Some very smart people.. Feels like a family.

Cons

Could be bolder - need to take a view and a voice.

"Interesting place"

5.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time

Pros

- work/life balance - colleagues are always willing to help - One a month Waffle Wednesday

Cons

- lacks growth opportunities

2. "Work Hard, Get Noticed, Climb Ladder (Ignore Everything Else)"

Former Employee - Account Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you're a hard worker and not afraid to put the team on your back, this is the place for you. I regularly went above and beyond my regular job duties - both in long hours and outside of my job description. That helped me move up the ladder and toward new opportunities. Exposure to major brands is a plus.

Cons

TMP often promotes people too soon (so they're not ready for the role) or once their back is against the wall (i.e. too late). That's because managers are often promoted out of necessity, not because they've received management training or particularly excelled at their job. In fact, most managers are in their positions because A) someone senior left the position and they're the most senior person, B) they have technical knowledge of their position so they can speak to clients. It's rare that a manager at TMP has been trained to manage people. I asked many times (and many bosses) for the opportunity and was often told "it's possible" but it never really materialized. I regularly asked for senior assistance navigating difficult employee issues but they were never resolved. I once tried to contact HR about a problem employee because my boss didn't take action after five (FIVE) one-on-one meetings about the team member's issues. HR told me that my manager would need to take care of the problem. So I documented clear violations and client dissatisfaction - still no action taken. It still irritates me. My team had little-to-no respect for authority and it quickly became toxic. Nobody respected the client or their sense of urgency - and a decrease in the quality of work quickly followed. The client noticed, people left, and it was entirely preventable. Company-wide, there's plenty of praise for a small percentage of people that's far out-of-touch from majority of the workforce. The same handful of (admittedly skilled and successful) people receive public praise on the mandatory monthly company call, but there's no connection to most employees. Which leads me to my final Con: there's no enthusiasm at TMP. Not for the work anyway. Minus the ~10% of gold-standard employees that deserve more recognition, most of the employees don't care about Recruitment, Digital Advertising, their client, or really anything in the office. They come to collect a paycheck and do as little work as they can. It's incredibly frustrating to see. It makes me understand when some people announce their resignation - it truly stings when you know they're off to somewhere that will treat them better.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about TMP Worldwide.