The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - Great Benefits and Excellent Family Values | Glassdoor.com.au

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great Benefits and Excellent Family Values"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Though not an official policy, we are frequently allowed to work from home. The benefits are great with 401K matching, Pension Plan for those grandfathered in and a retirement savings fund for those who are not. Excellent Dental and Medical coverage. You work with people who don't swear, drink, smoke and have the same values. It makes the work environment so pleasant.

Cons

You still have the same issues where you work with imperfect people who are not always the brightest. Many of the brightest are recruited by other companies with more immediate benefits and it can sometimes be difficult to weed out the stagnant employees.

Advice to Management

Management is a little bit of a joke among coworkers. We are understanding mostly because we are self motivating, so we get by even with a very thin and unorganized management structure. ATI is also joke. It is one of those tasks performed because it has to be done and nobody really gives it much thought. Our day to day work is what is important to us and making sure we meet our customer's needs. That's what we should be rated on.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great place"

Pros

It is a wonderful environment.

Cons

I can't think of any cons at the moment. Higher pay! :)

"Manager in the Facilities Management Dept."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I worked at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The atmosphere and people I worked with were just the best people to be around and they actually cared for, and were fun to work with.

Cons

There really were not any cons.

Advice to Management

There were opportunities to advance if you were a good worker / employee and gave an honest days work for an honest days pay.

Discover more reviews about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.