1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Development Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than a year

Pros

ThoughtWorks provides great experience. The people you work with are friendly and very experienced. You can learn a lot of things just by talking to the others around you!

Cons

Can be hard to figure out career progression if you’re not self motivated

ThoughtWorks Response

May 4, 2020Marketing

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m glad to hear you also enjoy our culture of learning and appreciation of the craft of software. Regarding career trajectories, we work hard to foster an environment where ThoughtWorkers can explore opportunities and create a path for themselves that might not be predefined. We will continue to keep our eye on this for sure to keep addressing the pain points that still exist.

1. "Great culture and career opportunities"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Lead Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than a year

Pros

ThoughtWorks tries it best to treat everyone well. The health and wellbeing of its people is a top priority, and that's reflected in the hiring of managers and leaders of people that ascribe to 'servant leadership'. I was (and am) among those. There are also ample career growth opportunities if you are not entirely passive about your career. The tools, people, and client staffing opportunities made available to everyone support a wide variety of career paths.

Cons

You must be at least somewhat of a self-driven, self-directed person to succeed here. A large percentage of the unhappy people I have seen leave the company were not prepared to drive their own career path and take advantage of the opportunities presented to them. Most people - especially in Professional Services doing direct client work - have no solid line boss. You have no-one telling you what to do day-to-day and you can go a long time doing very little and suffering no consequences, leaving you feeling like there is no objective or rhyme or reason. This management format does not work well for some people. With that said, you do have several people senior to you who will guide and mentor you. And, you will have someone on your client engagement that is somewhat responsible for your results. They are the closest person you will have to an official boss. If you come to ThoughtWorks, please be prepared to take charge of your career path.

Continue reading
  2. "Opportunity, inclusivity and debate"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Operations in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities to work on new things that interest you, if that's what you want to do. You won't be held back from trying new things (which you have to be careful about, too, because no one will tell you you're overworked!) Company is really inclusive, wants to do the right thing internally and externally.

Cons

Sometimes way too much time is spent getting everyone's input vs just getting things done. Everyone has an opinion and is encouraged to use it but not every opinion is helpful or needed.

Continue reading

ThoughtWorks Response

January 7, 2021ThoughtWorker

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We're glad to read that you're enjoying the opportunities ThoughtWorks provides. And since we value collaboration and feedback, you're right in that at times ThoughtWorkers will provide their thoughts on a topic. We do however believe that this helps us produce high-quality work, as getting input and challenging our ideas can help us learn and grow. Thank you again for your review.

Discover more reviews about ThoughtWorks.