TranscribeMe - Ok as bit extra | Glassdoor.com.au

"Ok as bit extra"

I have been working at TranscribeMe part-time

Pros

Been working for TranscribeMe for about 3 years. It's mainly ok as a bit extra money, particularly as you progress.

Cons

I've been working for TranscribeMe for about 3 years and I'm still a bit confused at times by the rules/reviewing, too ambiguous/subjective and micromanagement. Lately I've found Rev a bit more worth the time and effort and money. There's more leeway for personal judgement and choice on there.

TranscribeMe2017-09-30
  1. "Great place to work and even better worldwide community to be a part of"

Current Contractor - Transcriptionist in Perth, Western Australia

I have been working at TranscribeMe

Pros

I've worked for TranscribeMe almost from the start. From the get-go, it's been a great money-earner for me and I've enjoyed pretty much every minute of it. More so, it's great to be part of a very supportive working environment. I consider the people there to be my friends rather than colleagues. It makes going to work, albeit from home in my pajamas, a fun and rewarding experience. I have managed to support my... family comfortably with money earned from TranscribeMe and I shall enjoy my journey with them in the future.

Cons

I can understand it can be frustrating to start off as the rules are a bit different, the pay isn't that great to begin with, and work can be scarce if you are new. People who do persevere and graduate up the ranks by joining specialised teams do get more work, though.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I'm enjoying the journey tremendously!

TranscribeMe2017-06-26
  2. "Fantastic, Flexible and Fun!"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at TranscribeMe for less than a year

Pros

I have found TranscribeMe a really fantastic place to do freelance transcription. Complete flexibility in when you work and how much you work is a huge plus. Management is totally supportive and communicates [100/one hundred] times better than any corporate job I've ever worked. The network of co-workers is fabulous and it is truly an enjoyable environment and great site.

Cons

Occasionally there are tech problems with uploading files, lag on the site, payment issues etc but this happens to all of us in our everyday lives and I think people should maybe be a bit more understanding! I have always been paid on time and I think by far the most important thing is that management and the team leaders all let us know as soon as they have information so we're never left hanging.

Advice to Management

You guys rock! Thanks for making TranscribeMe such an awesome place to work.

TranscribeMe2016-02-25

Discover more reviews about TranscribeMe.