TranscribeMe - Qualification exam is completely bogus | Glassdoor.com.au

"Qualification exam is completely bogus"

Former Employee - Transcriber in Cleveland, TN
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at TranscribeMe part-time for less than a year

Pros

Based off the quality and cohesiveness of the qualification exam, I don't think many exist.

Cons

Well for starters, the exam interface was very basic. Some of the grammar questions were kind of gray, meaning the right or wrong answer could be disputed. Also, the exam fails you even if you score a 100 on everything except for ONE SINGLE QUESTION. It would've been nice to know that before wasting an hour and a half of my time on this exam.

Advice to Management

Please make your qualification exam somewhat doable. Also, make sure the applicants are aware of what's asked of them, instead of them blindly going into the exam.

TranscribeMe2019-02-16
  1. "Great place to work and even better worldwide community to be a part of"

Current Employee - Transcriptionist in Perth, Western Australia

I have been working at TranscribeMe

Pros

I've worked for TranscribeMe almost from the start. From the get-go, it's been a great money-earner for me and I've enjoyed pretty much every minute of it. More so, it's great to be part of a very supportive working environment. I consider the people there to be my friends rather than colleagues. It makes going to work, albeit from home in my pajamas, a fun and rewarding experience. I have managed to support my family...

Cons

I can understand it can be frustrating to start off as the rules are a bit different, the pay isn't that great to begin with, and work can be scarce if you are new. People who do persevere and graduate up the ranks by joining specialised teams do get more work, though.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I'm enjoying the journey tremendously!

TranscribeMe2017-06-26
  2. "It's not worth the effort you put in"

Current Employee - Transcriber
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at TranscribeMe for less than a year

Pros

It might be okay if you get in. I doubt it though,

Cons

- it takes longer than 3 hours to actually do the exam. - the clips they give you are very low quality - almost impossible to get 100 per cent on the audio section of the exam. 97 per cent apparently isn't good enough (pathetic) - I reiterate because this is important: the work you put in isn't worth the money you would get.

Advice to Management

Have more leeway for the exam questions. Your exam is whack.

TranscribeMe2019-04-16

Discover more reviews about TranscribeMe.