"The land of the greats..."

1.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Tripadvisor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay relatively well. Good perks.

Cons

Determined to destroy company culture with traditional ways of thinking. Archaic and waterfall. A software company stuck in 2000s. Leaders still championing past achievements. HIPPO mentality running rampant. Middle management similar to a wintery wonderland. Frozen to change but happy to get drunk on free booze. Incredibly complicated communication chains. Reactive not proactive, death knell to innovation. Upper management is a VIP club mentality. Untouchable and determined to sink with the ship.

Continue reading

August 8, 2017TripAdvisor

We appreciate you leaving your feedback although we’re very surprised by this review. Over the past few years we have invested heavily in an Agile transformation which required large amounts of change within the business. We took this transformation seriously and realized that to do it properly we needed to invest in external Agile coaching. As well as coaching, we now also have full time agile experts working with our Scrum and Kanban teams. We do acknowledge that we are far from perfect in how we work; but we are committed to continuous improvement and have total buy in from all levels of management to do whatever it takes to deliver value to our customers faster. We pride ourselves on the quality of our teams and managers and do quarterly health checks to ensure all of our teams are happy. We recently used a third party company to survey our staff in Sydney and were very pleased to hear that our scores were some of the best that that company had ever seen. As your feedback is different from what we’ve heard from most employees, I would like the opportunity to sit down with you to talk through the issues you have raised. If you have some insights based on projects you have worked on then I would be very keen to hear about the issues in more detail and maybe we can work together to improve the way we deliver features to our end users. Thanks again for your feedback. -Ronan, Sr Director of Engineering

1. "Great Place to work"

5.0
    Former Employee - Global Vendor Manager

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time

Pros

The Work Culture is great

Cons

No reasons to be listed

June 22, 2020Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re glad that you enjoyed your experience as part of the Tripadvisor team.

2. COVID-19

"Tripadvisor says culture matters yet they've let it be destroyed"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The Boston office and especially kitchen is amazing and New York isn't too bad either. Used to be some fantastic people to work with. Every day was a joy to come to work. Sadly that all changed in 2019.

Cons

Every member of the team hired from Conde Nast is incompetent, lacking basic knowledge of internet fundamentals, territorial to a level that goes so far beyond toxic, and most of all are just mean, spiteful people. And yet they all awarded themselves big titles despite clear lack of talent or experience. You were either part of 'the Conde Nast clique' or you were out. Every day became like living through junior high school all over again. The immediate effects on our business and morale were shocking. They would fudge sales numbers, rebrand existing products as something new that they'd invented, disparage other people's good work, refuse to ever listen to suggestions, use our sales calls to shame people publicly, and so much more. I heard one coworker say 'their only real talent is creating roadblocks' and it is just so true. We saw an executive assistant hired in NYC quit in less than two weeks because he was being made to do their laundry and write their Tinder profiles. I heard the same stories from my coworkers all over the country and so many of us had talks with human resources, but nothing was ever done and they used the recent COVID-19 layoffs to get rid of even more great people who dared question them, including me and most of my team. How Steve Kaufer let all of this happen I do not know, but it was a relief when I was let get go as after this nightmare experience I need time with my family to recover. It is a sad day as I will always have wonderful memories of what Tripadvisor once was and the good people I worked with there, but on to bigger and better things.

Continue reading

June 8, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your recent personal experience was not positive. We care deeply about our employees wellbeing and strive to maintain a positive work environment across all of our Global Tripadvisor locations. We maintain a zero tolerance policy for harassment and take feedback from our employees on these topics very seriously. The last 18 months have been a period of intense change at Tripadvisor, and we acknowledge there have been some growing pains as new leaders join and teams are reorganized. The current pandemic impacted our business and the reduction in workforce resulted in many exceptional colleagues leaving the company. Throughout the process, we strive to create a positive work environment and will continue to focus on building good morale. We wish you the best and thank you for the time you committed to Trip.

Discover more reviews about Tripadvisor.