"Great company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Uber full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company with a lot of interesting problems to solve.

Cons

Not big enough to be a big company but not small enough to be a startup anymore.

Other Employee Reviews for Uber

"Uber is an amazing company to work for"

I worked at Uber full-time

Pros

Uber is an amazing brand, and a company that's disrupting the transportation industry The people you work with on a daily basis are very talented There are some cool perks (like subsidized gym membership and free Uber)

Cons

There really aren't many cons... Perhaps pay could have been better, and you will have to work "startup hours" (although they're nowhere near what bankers have to put up with).

"The Best Job of my Life"

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Uber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Each city acts as their own startup. You make the best decisions possible for your city as a team. There is no micro-management, no big overhead, and no limiting constraints. HQ empowers you to make the best decisions for your specific city, and it's incredible. I'm obsessed with working here and helping Uber grow.

Cons

Don't work for Uber if you're not willing to miss major holidays like New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day, etc. This is the time when we are the busiest. It's really not that big a deal--you can still celebrate with your coworkers, and it's kinda fun. Also, if you don't like to work hard (and work smart), then Uber won't be a good fit for you. They're seriously only looking for the best who really believe in the company and want to help continue its growth. Finally, if you are uncomfortable with taking (calculated) risks, and doing things that have never been done before, you should steer clear of Uber. Our culture supports bringing new and innovative ideas to the table from every city around the world.

Advice to Management

Stay awesome, stay inspirational. You guys rock.