Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Sales Associate

Apr 27, 2018 - Sales Associate in Guildford, Victoria, Victoria
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere, music, people and a generous employee discount.

Cons

Occasional long hours, over night work, calls on your days off.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good

May 14, 2021 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Super chill environment, dress how you want

Cons

Early hours, a lot of work.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

I Got Paid To Fold Clothes

Jul 14, 2021 - Sales Associate in Emeryville, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to come as you are, which I love. Dressing in a uniform has never been something that I wanted to do. I got to flex my creative/style muscle by constantly putting new fits together that would've just been sitting in my closet collecting dust with the tags still on them. Speaking of clothes the discounts by far were what kept me working aside from the homies I made working at the company. A standard 40% off clothes and then UO Brand Clothing items (3) 60% a month was amazing. I can't speak for every store however, my store was pretty dope, I got to meet some amazing people and have grown as a person and not only as an employee within the company. All of my managers where pretty chill with me. I came in did what I was told and clocked out.

Cons

If theft is something that irks you, please leave your emotions outside the store, this was something that irked my soul to its core, however I had o realize that there was nothing I could do. I've also had co-workers be physically assaulted by customers ( punched in the face) and there's nothing that was done. I've also had other sales associates talk to me about feeling like they've received unfair and racial treatment from managers.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Urban Outfitters.