"It's Not All Sunshine and Daisies"

2.0
    Current Employee - Cabin Crew in Sydney

I have been working at Virgin Australia Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

>Amazing people to work with. >Very sociable job. >Option to make more money if you wish to by bidding for trips and working on days off.

Cons

>Extreme lack of work-life balance. We struggle to maintain and even develop relationships on the outside. You can't be guaranteed weekends off even when they're your number 1 request, so be very wary of that. >Work long days/early hours. Can request against these but may have to sacrifice other things you want out of a roster. >Shocking rostering system. Given 4, sometimes 5 sector days with no time for rest because it's convenient for management to fit those flights in your day. Be prepared to starve as you are very short for time. >Health takes a toll. Not just because of all the time spent up in the air but the lack of healthy food (our suitcases can't hold much to do meal prep) and long, exhausting days. >Intense work-load. Exhaustion amplified on shorter flights where you have a shorter amount of time to do your job. >Very low salary. >Second-in-charge of company looked very promising to take over CEO role but up and left the company in a heartbeat and with a suspiciously brief email from the CEO informing us of this.

Continue reading
  1. "Manager"

5.0

I have been working at Virgin Australia Airlines full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good Pay, Great 401K, lots of leave, flexible

Cons

Far from head office location

2. "Good, fun work"

4.0
    Former Employee - Cabin Crew
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Virgin Australia Airlines full-time

Pros

No two days are ever the same. Great colleagues.

Cons

It can get fatiguing but there are not many cons

Discover more reviews about Virgin Australia Airlines.