Web Applications UK - Culture of learning, growth and innovation | Glassdoor.com.au

"Culture of learning, growth and innovation"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Oldham, England

I have been working at Web Applications UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is friendly, helpful and willing to get stuck in. Web Applications is a company that encourages employees to learn, grow and become better developers. Everyone gets a say in how a particular development should be undertaken through the Solutions Stand up. Soft drinks and coffee are free for everyone to help themselves, plus there's a breakfast bar which includes cereals, bagels and toast - so no excuses for...

Cons

Can't think of too many as usually when conflict arises, it is dealt with in a quick and reasonable manner. The solutions stand up could do with some fine tuning to ensure that everyone gets a say and that we don't spend too long discussing cases in too much detail.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in young people and helping developed the careers of talented developers.

Web Applications UK2016-12-03

Other Employee Reviews

"Beautiful project, poor management staff"

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Oldham, England

I worked at Web Applications UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The project I worked on for 3years was a dream one and I'm forever grateful to web applications for making it a reality.

Cons

- Working with various levels exposed me to ridiculous management team especially Craig. He is so condescending, arrogant and abusive.

Advice to Management

- Craig and the team need to make the environment really an environment. Everyone was literally scared and unable to perform at their optimum.

Web Applications UK2019-01-30

"Decent place to start as a software engineer with zero experience, provided a strong desire to learn."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Oldham, England

I worked at Web Applications UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Real focus on learning and improvement, starting from low-level concepts and old tools. If you show good knowledge in areas specified in the job spec and a real desire to learn, they will take you in. Overlooking experience, background.

Cons

-lots of time spent on support duty (with terrible equipment) -extremely rare to use a new tool or framework -felt like no design patterns were ever mentioned apart from OOP -weirdo CEO -located in Oldham -low pay -poor benefits -no flexibility in type of work you do

Web Applications UK2019-05-28

Discover more reviews about Web Applications UK.