Web Applications UK - Much better than average! | Glassdoor.com.au

"Much better than average!"

Former Employee - Developer in Oldham, England

I worked at Web Applications UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is based on really good principles and there is a great deal of effort made to develop its' employees. The offices are light and spacious with great facilities and you do feel they want to provide the latest and greatest software and hardware to work with. You get to work in teams and individually, which helps you develop your interpersonal skills, with access to training. There is access to... tea/coffee/cereal and gaming facilities.

Cons

There does not seem to be many people with a lot of experience in the core/historical systems, which can be stressful for newbies. I did feel like I was surrounded constantly by new staff and very few long term staff - the ones there are are very supportive however! I will not labor the points made in previous reviews, they speak for themselves and are factual.

Advice to Management

Keep developing talent, I did appreciate my time there. Pay is below everywhere else, perhaps address that - I would have considered staying but for this.

Web Applications UK2016-12-28

Other Employee Reviews

"Beautiful project, poor management staff"

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Oldham, England

I worked at Web Applications UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The project I worked on for 3years was a dream one and I'm forever grateful to web applications for making it a reality.

Cons

- Working with various levels exposed me to ridiculous management team especially Craig. He is so condescending, arrogant and abusive.

Advice to Management

- Craig and the team need to make the environment really an environment. Everyone was literally scared and unable to perform at their optimum.

Web Applications UK2019-01-30

"Decent place to start as a software engineer with zero experience, provided a strong desire to learn."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Oldham, England

I worked at Web Applications UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Real focus on learning and improvement, starting from low-level concepts and old tools. If you show good knowledge in areas specified in the job spec and a real desire to learn, they will take you in. Overlooking experience, background.

Cons

-lots of time spent on support duty (with terrible equipment) -extremely rare to use a new tool or framework -felt like no design patterns were ever mentioned apart from OOP -weirdo CEO -located in Oldham -low pay -poor benefits -no flexibility in type of work you do

Web Applications UK2019-05-28

Discover more reviews about Web Applications UK.