Web Applications UK - Culture of Learning ,Growth and innovation | Glassdoor.com.au

"Culture of Learning ,Growth and innovation"

Current Employee - Junior Software Engineer in Oldham, England

I have been working at Web Applications UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic people to work with - feels more like a group of friends than colleagues sometimes! Everyone is always willing to help each other - can happily say no one is toxic or someone who i dislike. Constantly learning new things: as someone who really cares about gaining knowledge - there isn't a day where i don't learn something new. Free food, drinks, gym membership, open bars ( good use is made out of...

Cons

some of the policies seem ridiculous. Employees who have built up a lot of trust and have proven themselves are heavily restricted in what they can/can't do. I understand that certain rules are there to protect us. But i think certain people should be able to earn the right to be able to given more trust/permission It can be stressful sometimes. Especially when doing something high priority. New services that...

Advice to Management

trust your employees - give us more responsibility and stop micromanaging all the mini aspects of our lives.

Web Applications UK2019-02-27

Other Employee Reviews

"Beautiful project, poor management staff"

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Oldham, England

I worked at Web Applications UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The project I worked on for 3years was a dream one and I'm forever grateful to web applications for making it a reality.

Cons

- Working with various levels exposed me to ridiculous management team especially Craig. He is so condescending, arrogant and abusive.

Advice to Management

- Craig and the team need to make the environment really an environment. Everyone was literally scared and unable to perform at their optimum.

Web Applications UK2019-01-30

"Decent place to start as a software engineer with zero experience, provided a strong desire to learn."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Oldham, England

I worked at Web Applications UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Real focus on learning and improvement, starting from low-level concepts and old tools. If you show good knowledge in areas specified in the job spec and a real desire to learn, they will take you in. Overlooking experience, background.

Cons

-lots of time spent on support duty (with terrible equipment) -extremely rare to use a new tool or framework -felt like no design patterns were ever mentioned apart from OOP -weirdo CEO -located in Oldham -low pay -poor benefits -no flexibility in type of work you do

Web Applications UK2019-05-28

Discover more reviews about Web Applications UK.