Web Applications UK - Not a great career start. | Glassdoor.com.au

"Not a great career start."

Former Employee - Developer in Manchester, England

I worked at Web Applications UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are wonderful people here Free perks Staff outings Office has pool table and nice breakout area Great colleagues with genuine passion for what they do

Cons

Micromanagement and control! Old tech still predominant, but changing slowly. As a first job can really alter your perspective about how you expect the industry to be.

Advice to Management

It is a strange place to work. Having a new job I can see this now. Your place was the first I worked at and you almost destroyed my confidence enough to make me feel like this was how it was everywhere. It is not. Not everyone here is bad most are amazing and I only hope they will find better things. Consider a new chief exec.

Web Applications UK2019-03-10

Other Employee Reviews

"Beautiful project, poor management staff"

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Oldham, England

I worked at Web Applications UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The project I worked on for 3years was a dream one and I'm forever grateful to web applications for making it a reality.

Cons

- Working with various levels exposed me to ridiculous management team especially Craig. He is so condescending, arrogant and abusive.

Advice to Management

- Craig and the team need to make the environment really an environment. Everyone was literally scared and unable to perform at their optimum.

Web Applications UK2019-01-30

"Decent place to start as a software engineer with zero experience, provided a strong desire to learn."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Oldham, England

I worked at Web Applications UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Real focus on learning and improvement, starting from low-level concepts and old tools. If you show good knowledge in areas specified in the job spec and a real desire to learn, they will take you in. Overlooking experience, background.

Cons

-lots of time spent on support duty (with terrible equipment) -extremely rare to use a new tool or framework -felt like no design patterns were ever mentioned apart from OOP -weirdo CEO -located in Oldham -low pay -poor benefits -no flexibility in type of work you do

Web Applications UK2019-05-28

Discover more reviews about Web Applications UK.