"Save Your Career & Health - Don't Work at WME"

1.0
    Former Employee - SEO in Melbourne

I worked at Web Marketing Experts full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Sales commission if you have no morals and are just in it for the pay cheque

Cons

- Ruining people's lives by selling a poor service that ruins their business - Handling 100-150 SEO campaigns and angry customers, it's constant firefighting - The owner is an egotistical schizophrenic; think... American Pshycho. - The sheer pressure is bad for your health. Don't get me wrong, I love high pressure, but not to the point where the guilt I'm made to feel is out of my control because the product doesn't actually work, the customer's don't understand and nor can they hardly afford it. You spend all day on the phone being screamed at by small business owners. When you're not on the phone, you're trying to frantically improve matters for clients. Quote: 'The best time to sell is when the client is angry'. Meanwhile, the sales team are roping in more poor souls who've been promised the earth for just a few hundred dollars a month. - If you want a career in search or any digital marketing, no respected agency will touch you with a bargepole if you've worked at WME. Same applies to Arrow, ROI, Search X etc - they're all the same. - If you want to make money, go for it - you'll do well if you work hard... but one day you'll wake up realising you have no soul.

Continue reading

Web Marketing Experts Response

GM

Thank-you for taking the time to send through your review. We take feedback seriously, and in the past year, we have been working hard to improve various aspects of our company. Our services are authentic and designed to deliver tangible, genuine results to our customers. We frequently review these services to make sure they are doing so, and have a more-than-capable tech and account management team to ensure everything is kept on track at all times. In addition, we offer our staff a number of health and support options, keeping these values at the utmost importance at all times – nothing means more to us than the wellbeing of our employees.

Other Employee Reviews

"Would not recommend"

2.0

I worked at Web Marketing Experts full-time

Pros

Interesting things to learn and good people

Cons

No trust in employees

2. "A company with opportunities if you are prepared"

5.0

I have been working at Web Marketing Experts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working for WME full-time for over 2.5 years. Here is my view of the company: It is a fun but also competitive environment. Managers are very supportive and helpful, with an open door policy. Anyone can go to the GM or the MD and ask for assistance. On Fridays we do "Recognition Friday's", everyone has an opportunity to be recognized by other team member for his/her achievement of the week. Team building events are always fun, and the end of year party is also memorable. The team at WME has become a second family to me, and the friends I have made are for life. The most important lesson I have learned at WME, is that opportunities are only for the people who are prepared.

Cons

It is a very competitive and fast paced environment, thus it can be very stressful sometimes, and it is definitely not a place for people who are looking for an easy and relaxed job.

Discover more reviews about Web Marketing Experts.