Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Save Your Career & Health - Don't Work at WME

Oct 22, 2014 - SEO in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Sales commission if you have no morals and are just in it for the pay cheque

Cons

- Ruining people's lives by selling a poor service that ruins their business - Handling 100-150 SEO campaigns and angry customers, it's constant firefighting - The owner is an egotistical schizophrenic; think... American Pshycho. - The sheer pressure is bad for your health. Don't get me wrong, I love high pressure, but not to the point where the guilt I'm made to feel is out of my control because the product doesn't actually work, the customer's don't understand and nor can they hardly afford it. You spend all day on the phone being screamed at by small business owners. When you're not on the phone, you're trying to frantically improve matters for clients. Quote: 'The best time to sell is when the client is angry'. Meanwhile, the sales team are roping in more poor souls who've been promised the earth for just a few hundred dollars a month. - If you want a career in search or any digital marketing, no respected agency will touch you with a bargepole if you've worked at WME. Same applies to Arrow, ROI, Search X etc - they're all the same. - If you want to make money, go for it - you'll do well if you work hard... but one day you'll wake up realising you have no soul.

Continue reading
    8 people found this review helpful

Web Marketing Experts Response

GM

Thank-you for taking the time to send through your review. We take feedback seriously, and in the past year, we have been working hard to improve various aspects of our company. Our services are authentic and designed to deliver tangible, genuine results to our customers. We frequently review these services to make sure they are doing so, and have a more-than-capable tech and account management team to ensure everything is kept on track at all times. In addition, we offer our staff a number of health and support options, keeping these values at the utmost importance at all times – nothing means more to us than the wellbeing of our employees.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

You get what you want from WME

Oct 6, 2014 - Tech in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employees here have HUGE opportunities to take control of their role, move up the ladder quickly and create their own future. Some people are happy to come in at 9, leave at 5:30 and do the job - but for those who want more, there's more to be had. I'm very career-oriented and happy that I have a chance to make a BIG difference quickly. Work conditions are so much better than most places I've worked. Yes, it's busy but that's not a bad thing. We are busy because we're growing. We are busy because we don't want to remain stagnant and we're constantly trying to improve the service. Busy is a good thing. Management are not afraid to make bold moves. I appreciate that we will never lack strong leadership. With regard to the "little training" issue - we have bi-weekly training for all sales, account & campaign managers and performance media team. We also have weekly training for the SEO tech team and D&D team. We have a company training portal with pages & pages of information, helpful links, and a daily updated stream of information direct from the top inbound marketing sites. Little training? That's on you, not WME.

Cons

We're a startup - there are going to be growing pains in a startup. We have a VERY young workforce - possibly the youngest I've ever been associated with (this is both a pro AND a con, really. It can and does go both ways.)

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Web Marketing Experts Response

GM

Thank-you for shooting through your review. We’re glad you have found comfort, support and accomplishment during your time at WME. As a company, we now – more than ever – contribute a huge focus to the importance of offering our staff the chance to flourish in a supportive and friendly environment. For those who would like to get more out of their jobs, we believe we offer a wealth of opportunities – we’re here to help all of our staff members achieve what they’ve put their minds to. We hope we have been able to do the same for you, too.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company for Personal & Professional Growth

Mar 13, 2017 - Head of Strategy in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was thoroughly immersed in digital marketing years before I was employed at WME. The Staff: WME helped me continue to grow my skill set in digital. The company has over 160 talented staff all on 1 level. So as you can imagine, it's a massive talent pool of extremely passionate Gen X and Y workers. The Managers: Let's start with the Founder... Nick encourages his staff to continue to further develop their personal and business skill set as often as they can. He does not hold staff back from taking holidays (within reason) as he understands the importance of keeping workers motivated. NB is a big believer in helping his staff grow intellectually, spiritually and professionally. The rest of the management team are extremely helpful, and will do whatever they can to help out in any situation. Training: Usually held in the mornings before business hours (8.30am) and available to anyone who wants to attend. Each member at WME has their own unique skills, and different members hold training at different times to provide a holistic approach and share their knowledge with their team members. The Perks: Yoga sessions are sometimes held as well as heavily discounted Fitness First memberships for WME employees. On the main floor your can find Golf Putting Mats, table tennis tables, and a very large common area where staff can "chill" in their spare time. Beers and Vodka come out on Friday afternoons and has been a customary tradition at WME - I'm surprised they can still manage to do this even with 160+ staff.

Cons

Kitchen can get messy at times.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Web Marketing Experts.