"Great Company, Too much redtape"

4.0
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Zillow full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Zillow is a great company and you are surrounded by some of the smartest, most knowledgable people.

Cons

Unfortunately with the growth of the company due to Zillow Offers, the amount of redtape has grown exponentially and there is several layers of bureaucracy to go through to get anything done.

Zillow Response

July 30, 2020Zillow

Thanks for taking a moment to share your feedback about working at Zillow, and I’m glad in general you had a good experience here! The company has seen explosive growth, which can lead to more coordination and process – especially as we move into lower margin businesses and direct financial impact to our customers. That said, I'm always open to suggestions on optimizing our processes so that our teams can get the work done with minimal interruptions. If you're willing, I'd love to connect with you 1x1 to dig in on where you felt things were moving slowly or areas that could be improved. Feel free to email me at jeremyw@zillow.com to set up a few moments to chat. -- Jeremy Wacksman, President, Zillow

1. COVID-19

"I Wish I Worked Here Sooner"

5.0

I have been working at Zillow full-time for more than a year

Pros

Zillow is by far the best company I have ever worked for. Our technology and products are amazing, but the culture is what sets ZG apart. I've never seen an organization use their Core Values every single day. Zillow really cares about their employees which is shown through compensation/benefits, career development tools and conversations, DTO, etc.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Zillow Response

July 29, 2020VP, Recruiting

We wish you worked here sooner too! Keep it up, spread the good word, and refer your friends.

2. COVID-19

"Zillow 2.0 = big opportunities to lead big transformation"

4.0
    Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Limitless potential for those who are comfortable seizing opportunities. If you like to lean in rather than wait to be told what to do you'll love it here. -COVID response has been nothing short of phenomenal because our leaders know how to run a business while balancing people, profit and purpose. -Leaders are willing to change their minds, be wrong and stay open to new possibilities. Remote work is one example. Now that it's in our future indefinitely there's an excitement in the air about defining the new rules of work for ourselves and other companies who look to us for these trends. -Industry leader, household name, big growth trajectory means we will need future talent to bring enterprise operations experience, rigor and discipline.

Cons

-Complicated industries to learn as an outsider. -The amount of opportunities can feel overwhelming so it requires a lot of focus and prioritization. -Our culture is undergoing big transformation as offices take on a new role and most day to day connections will be virtual in the future. -There's a we/they disconnect between leadership and employees vs other places. As we grow, transform and share our successes I hope it will start to feel like "our company" whereby everyone is expected to act like leaders and lean in to change things rather than wait for someone with a bigger title to fix it.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Zillow.