Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

2,912 Ratings

8,202 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work Life Balance can be a struggle at first if you've never worked a consistent 50 hour work week (in 1488 reviews)

• No work life balance to speak of (in 524 reviews)

"MT"

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you work hard you can get promoted and make decent money. Also many other companies are willing to hire sales people who have worked for enterprise

Cons

It is a tough place to work, fast paced, washing cars in a suit, everyone starts at the bottom and works their way up, the pay at the bottom is not great... company is not for everyone

2. "Toxic Environment"

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Initially, it was an excellent place to work. Operational objectives were discussed and agreed with SM. Hard working senior management team.

Cons

New GM was employed who are using the business as a place to employ friends and family. No support from line manager who would schedule weekly meetings and either not attend the meeting or cancel when the meeting was due to start. Pay disparity as the new hires are getting paid more than current employees.

Advice to Management

Closely look at who is operating the business now? Are they experienced to accomplish the business goals? Are they playing favourites with family & friends?

Enterprise Response

23 Oct 2017 – Manager Employer Brand

Thanks for leaving a review. I'm curious if you'd be willing to provide more information. We're unable to address complaints at a local level unless we have geographic information and more specific... More

"Fantastic Company and Career"

Current Employee - Area Rental Manager in Portland, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Area Rental Manager in Portland, OR (US)

Pros

I have been with Enterprise Holdings for 7+ years now. I can't say enough about how great of a company Enterprise is to be a part of. I am currently an Area Manager and just like everybody else in the company started my career as a Management Trainee. The MT program is an all inclusive program that gives you the tools needed every step of the way to learn the business. The company truly promotes on success. The company truly has an employees first mindset. Our mission statement states that if we take care of our employees and customers then profits will follow and we see that with every action throughout my career. Once you become a manager you have a fantastic ability to increase your own paycheck by being successful. I recently was able to achieve a promotion where the company paid on their own expense to move me and my family across the country.

Cons

The most common complaints we hear initially are the long work weeks. It is a change to be on a 49 hour work week from day 1 but with everything you do throughout the day a 49 hour week goes much quicker than a 40 hour work week at most other jobs. You truly get out what you put in!

Advice to Management

Your ability to build your pay plan and truly make an impact in customers and employees as you move up through the company is an amazing opportunity!

"Management Trainee"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Columbia, SC (US)
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Columbia, SC (US)

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Compensation is competitive, with guaranteed overtime.
    -Benefits and employee discount for family members is great.
    -Training is effective, teaching you the ins and outs of operating a service-oriented business.
    -Great opportunity to help people each and every day.
    -Promote-from-within attitude provides many opportunities for career advancement.
    -Easy to access sales tracking keeps things motivating.

Cons

-Work-life balance can be poor. Inflexible scheduling ensure you work 49 hours per week at minimum.
    -Limited staffing at branches contributes to workplace burnout, unless you can adequately manage stress during your down time.
    -Expectation to move around frequently (within an hour's commute in most cases) based on business need. You may need to relocate further to find positions outside of daily rental operations.
    -Working directly with the general public, meaning not everyone respects customer service representatives.

Advice to Management

Offer more flexible employment arrangements for employees at the rental counter so that they can be happier, healthier, and more productive.

"Sky is the Limit!"

Current Employee - Management Assistant in Pompano Beach, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Management Assistant in Pompano Beach, FL (US)

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything they tell you during the interview process is true. You really do work open to close. You really do learn every single aspect of running a business. I received my first promotion within 7 months. So, they are sincere in that your hard work is rewarded.

Cons

Not for the weak of heart. If you want a position that requires the least amount of effort, you should look elsewhere!

Advice to Management

Communication is key to a successful branch. If more managers looked to our founding values each day, imagine how far we would go.

7. "Homeworker - sales rep (best job ever!)"

Current Employee - Homeworker - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Homeworker - Sales Representative

I have been working at Enterprise part-time

Pros

I’ve been working here for 5 months now. 25 hours per week suits me perfectly. I was worried that the hours might be ‘as and when required’, but they are fixed hours which is brilliant (I work from 9.30 a.m. to 2.30 p.m. I initially worked from 3 – 8 p.m. but decided to switch to day time hours to suit family commitments).
    I never feel like I’m working at home alone – it’s more like being in a large building with hundreds of people as you are always in contact with others via skype, email, phone etc. It’s definitely not a lonely job.
    After the initial training, you are given a ‘buddy’ who you can call on anytime for help and advice, and the whole team are available for support / a laugh / a natter throughout the day. Training is ongoing, and I’m always learning new things.
    So glad I decided to change jobs and thoroughly recommend the company and job to anyone that’s thinking of applying for the homeworker sales rep position.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Carry on as you are - it's a great company to work for :-)

8. "Assistant Branch Manager"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like the flexibility of my day to day routine.

Cons

It is kind of hard to work the Long hours with small children.

"Management Trainee"

I worked at Enterprise part-time

Pros

The managers do a wonderful job of training new employees
    You develop face to face customer service and sales skills

Cons

Work 10 hour days and two Saturdays per month
    Little flexibility

Advice to Management

Hire one extra person at every branch so that employees can work regular hours

10. "Enterprise home working"

Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Liverpool, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Liverpool, England (UK)

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No travelling. Great hours. U pick days your not able to work on applying. But if you do need change hr are more than good at helping you. Great team work. So you don't feel isolated at home. My team manager and dtl always there to help. Other agents are also very helpful if have problem and give advice. In short a brilliant company. I just wish i had found this years ago.

Cons

Always downsides to any job but i have to say 3 months in and i cant find any really. If anything too much advice sent to emails. That about it

Advice to Management

Nothing i can say management brilliant. Tl great. Even hr is so understanding. Only thing i would say is have an option for toilet break. As not everyone has great bladder .

11. "Review for Enterprise"

Current Employee - Management Assistant in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Management Assistant in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for Enterprise for a variety of reasons. The opportunities for promotion are never lacking, The focused training with the MT program is like no other in the industry, and the rewards for hard work and hitting sales goals are AMAZING!

Cons

The cons can be the long hours, but its worth it when they take such great care of you and offer great incentives.

Advice to Management

none!

Showing 8,202 of 8,858 reviews