Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

2,711 Ratings

7,831 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work Life Balance can be a struggle at first if you've never worked a consistent 50 hour work week (in 1419 reviews)

• No work life balance to speak of (in 506 reviews)

1. "MT"

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you work hard you can get promoted and make decent money. Also many other companies are willing to hire sales people who have worked for enterprise

Cons

It is a tough place to work, fast paced, washing cars in a suit, everyone starts at the bottom and works their way up, the pay at the bottom is not great... company is not for everyone

"Fantastic Company and Career"

Current Employee - Area Rental Manager in Portland, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Area Rental Manager in Portland, OR (US)

Pros

I have been with Enterprise Holdings for 7+ years now. I can't say enough about how great of a company Enterprise is to be a part of. I am currently an Area Manager and just like everybody else in the company started my career as a Management Trainee. The MT program is an all inclusive program that gives you the tools needed every step of the way to learn the business. The company truly promotes on success. The company truly has an employees first mindset. Our mission statement states that if we take care of our employees and customers then profits will follow and we see that with every action throughout my career. Once you become a manager you have a fantastic ability to increase your own paycheck by being successful. I recently was able to achieve a promotion where the company paid on their own expense to move me and my family across the country.

Cons

The most common complaints we hear initially are the long work weeks. It is a change to be on a 49 hour work week from day 1 but with everything you do throughout the day a 49 hour week goes much quicker than a 40 hour work week at most other jobs. You truly get out what you put in!

Advice to Management

Your ability to build your pay plan and truly make an impact in customers and employees as you move up through the company is an amazing opportunity!

3. "Manager"

Current Employee - Tri-Brand Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Tri-Brand Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will learn a lot and make many friends along the way. The company has a structured training system so the company will guide you on your path to success. You don't have to try and train yourself, or figure it out on your own, or have all this business knowledge/acumen coming in. You are expected to be a blank slate and they will train you. Employee development is #1 in regards to the companies core philosophies. The pay also gets better with every promotion and you can be promoted multiple times per year. Meaning multiple raises in a single year. I have friends who went from 55k to 65k to 75k+ in just a year not to mention a company car. The company car is a huge plus once you are a manager. They are also all brand new cars, as a manger you may take home next years Altima one day then the next day decide you want to take home the new hemi charger (that the dealers dont even have in stock yet). Put it this way; the cars we get are so new when we bring them in for service they don't even have the parts in stock yet. The company also treats employees very well and their are great benefits right from the start. GMs and area managers are very personable and down to earth as they have all been in your shoes from day 1, everyone has to start where you start and work their way up. Health Insurance, 401k, time off etc. You will not find another company willing to give you a chance running your own multi-million dollar operation without any management experience on your resume. Like they say they give you the tools you need to succeed.

Cons

A lot of people say work life balance, which it can seem like at first. Even more-so if you are new to the workforce or the concept of work in general. However its a commitment you work through early in your career so you don't have to later in life. Yes, the work life balance is difficult but only for the first 1-3 years depending on how fast you move up, however it rapidly gets better and better as you grow with the company not to mention the pay and sense of job security; especially these days...... is priceless.

Advice to Management

Thank you and Great Job!

5. "Best work from home position"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Great support staff and coworkers

Cons

Not flexible with days off if no vacation banked.

Advice to Management

Bring back excused absences

6. "Benefits"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Reputable Training Program
    Establish great relationships

Cons

Poor work life balance, feels like your life is just working

Advice to Management

Hire more, cut back on hours

7. "Stepping Stone"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Great job to learn different aspects of running a business.
    Not tied to just working indoors

Cons

Long Hours. Burnout.
    Subject to Weather.

Advice to Management

Needs to listen to front end staff for new ways to improve business.

8. "Operations Coordinator"

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

I enjoyed the relationships with colleagues workers.

Cons

Personal reasons for leaving this company.

9. "Great"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay
    Incentives
    Work-Personal life balance
    Great Team
    Amazing company to work for

Cons

Customer's can get very angry.

Advice to Management

Great Job!

10. "Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the opportunities, you are in control of your career and the promotion from within is the best. You work hard and they will reward you. I enjoy my team/family and I'm looking forward in moving my career forward with Enterprise.

Cons

Long hours (50 hours), customer can be a little challenging and you have to wash cars.

11. "Enterprise entertainment account specialist"

Current Employee - Enterprise Entertainment Account Specialist in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Only 40-45 hours, oppurtunity to advance with commission as a senior account specialist, great team environment

Cons

Difficult accounts, quick decision making skills needed in pressure situations

Showing 7,831 of 8,424 reviews