Equal Experts Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 15 Oct 2019

4.5
Equal Experts CEO Thomas Granier
Thomas Granier

"Great people, great values and they care"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Leeds, England

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I'm working with the most experienced group of people it's ever been my pleasure to work with. As Equal Experts looks at values as part of the recruitment process, I'm also working with some of the nicest, most pragmatic people as well. This makes delivery as easy as it ever can be and a lot of fun to boot. If you've got enough experience and you want to work in a caring, fun, interesting team then take a good... look at these guys. I liked them so much I went permie after thinking that I'd never do that again. The flat structure makes it really easy to discuss anything with anyone. Even the MD is available for anyone to talk to. Show me another company where you can say that. The associate networks means that, if you want to, you can go off and do something else for a while and then be welcomed back at any time (providing there's an open role, obviously).

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep going guys

Equal Experts2017-12-12
  2. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pune

I worked at Equal Experts full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Like minded people, flat hierarchy, Software hygiene

Cons

- Sudden growth but that's natural I guess

Equal Experts2017-10-25

"Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lisbon

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flat structure, great workplace environment and lots of room to grow and learn about new technology. Agile and Extreme Programming practices and special focus on Agile Transformations. Not your typical consulting gig where you'll be handed over to a client and be forgotten.

Cons

No career ladder tech-wise as we don't have official tech leads, architects, etc. Everyone is expected to perform at a high level of competence and be able to decide as a team and not as individuals which might not work for everyone.

Equal Experts2017-08-23
  4. "One of the best community of people to work with"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pune

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It is an agile delivery and consulting company with pragmatic approach to software delivery. There are very few companies in Pune which promote working with good technical practices at the same time provide support and motivation to learn new technologies. Equal Experts in one them. Without traditional managerial hierarchy, this feels like a community of like minded people rather that a corporate consultancy.... I have been provided with lots of opportunities to follow my passion. Company has supported me in learning new skills at various stages. Because of their working model of short terms projects, you get to work on various domains and technologies. Focus is always on providing more value to customers. You feel to be doing the right thing by helping client delivery more value their customers. Equal Experts consistently share their knowledge with community by having sessions in their meetup group called Experttalks.

Cons

Still trying to mature as a company. Has not been able to cope with the size of more than 60-70 people well. Failed to evolve recruitment processes over time. Standards of the people coming inside company has gone down with growing demands of the projects. Virtually no HR management. It can be both good and bad. I think it leads to not having a proper career progression path. Which causes people to leave... organization after few years as they feel lost and does not get clear picture about their careers.

Advice to Management

Invest more in grooming new people. Mentor lateral hires to help them understand cultural values. Stop running behind every new project and play to your strengths Have a good mix of development and consulting capabilities. Have a meaningful career framework in place. Focus on retaining talent and reducing attrition.

Equal Experts2017-06-14

"Best place I've worked!"

in Leeds, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for less than a year

Pros

Although EE are a company that is staffed mainly by contractors (75%) you would never know this. They say they are a company of grown ups and this is definitely the case, structure is flat, everyone is trusted to do their jobs and there is none of the usual politics or nonsense you get in almost all other companies. As an associate (contractor) you really get the best of all worlds as you get paid great day... rates and have a fantastic support network and welcoming culture. If you are a contractor at the top of your game then look no further, if you are thinking of going contracting then look no further. EE is the place to be

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep it up - I'm proud to work with EE

Equal Experts2017-05-23
  6. "Senior Consultant/Developer"

Senior Agile Java Developer in London, England

I worked at Equal Experts for less than a year

Pros

- Life work balance and Flexibility - Very kind and understanding Senior management team - Highly skilled, professional and resourceful company

Cons

- Visibility on internal vacancies could be improved - They gain lots of traction and their clients have big expectations. But not all their teams are at full capacity. Regardless of that they manage very well to move forward no matter the challenge.

Advice to Management

Aim to supply your teams always. Make sure all your dev teams have a business analyst close to them and they have all they need. Improve the visibility of your internal vacancies.

Equal Experts2017-04-27

"good for less experienced in the current situation"

Software Engineer in Pune

I have been working at Equal Experts

Pros

-Good atmosphere -good work life balance possible -Relatively new technologies used -Freedom to explore new things in market and suggest for projects -has some very competent people to collaborate and learn

Cons

-appraisal min 3-4 months late which can easily be achieved in time but more of a retention policy -shortage of projects -market outlook is really impressive but not so true within -admin and hr helpful but sadly cannot take any decisions by the looks of it. Single authority for everything -lot of grey areas in policies as they seem to differ person to person -no idea about how decisions on travel are... taken -cost cutting at some places seems unwarranted and seems to be the general mentality

Advice to Management

Need to retrospect

Equal Experts2017-02-12

"Agile Consultant"

Current Employee - Agile Consultant

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time

Pros

-Like minded people to work with. -Work life balance easy -Positive work environment, genuinely inspire people work here. -Great projects- Development till deployment -All projects modern and Agile

Cons

Sudden Growth - a good problem to have.

Equal Experts2017-01-16
  9. "Good place to work"

Office in London, England

I worked at Equal Experts

Pros

Nice head office, nice people

Cons

None that I can think of

Equal Experts2016-12-16

"The place to be"

Current Employee - People Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time

Pros

Equal Experts brings a refreshing twist to the standard IT consultancy. It puts together talented professionals, caring people and exciting projects. You have the flexibility to try new things without the corporate noise to hinder every idea or initiative. But what is most impressive is the care for each and every one of its employees (associates or permanent).

Cons

The sudden growth exceeded everyone's expectations, and now the admin side is catching up. A good problem to have

Advice to Management

keep up the good work!

Equal Experts2016-11-02