Equal Experts "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Equal Experts Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 15, 2019

Found 75 reviews

4.5
Equal Experts CEO Thomas Granier
Thomas Granier
Pros
Cons
  • "They paid a bit less than some of the other consultancies engaged with the client but this is a minor grumble since the EE day rate is decent(in 24 reviews)

• "We are seeing on loosing out good people over the past couple of years and dont see any action taken over it(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Software Engineer"

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time

Pros

Great company with great work life balance.

Cons

Nothing that i can think of.

Equal Experts2019-08-23
  2. "Company where employees are cared for"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance Flexible Timings WFH No Hierarchy Flat Management Free Breakfast and Snacks

Cons

Nothing that I know of

Equal Experts2019-08-07
  3. "Good time"

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time

Pros

All good, good work life balance, salary

Cons

No major issues, overall issues like in all other organisations.

Advice to Management

None

Equal Experts2019-07-01
  4. "Company of grownups"

Current Employee - People Manager

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Voted one of the best places to work for in terms of work life balance and you understand why once you work for Equal Experts

Cons

You need to hit the ground running. No hand holding

Equal Experts2019-02-20

"No more a must place to work at"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time

Pros

Some of the best minds at work. On an avg, you will find people who are technically strong and easy to work with. Exceptions will always be there but overall a good bunch of people. Decent projects to work on. Good work life balance. People are expected to be responsible and mature and to honor the freedom and works well with the overall values. EE UK takes efforts to publish policies and review progress of each... business unit. Transparency is looked at seriously at the global level. Admin staff is helpful.

Cons

We are seeing on loosing out good people over the past couple of years and dont see any action taken over it. People managers seem helpful and they have everything on the "agenda" but nothing EVER gets done, even a year down the line you will get same replies. No travelling opportunities, its just gone on a decline over the past couple of years We should adhere more to the EE global values of Transparency, no... bias, no ego policy but that somehow isnt seen at the top management level. For eg. they made changes to the PF policy even without informing the employees from April last year. On top of that, voicing concerns is taken personally.

Advice to Management

I really appreciate the UK team to focus on making the company a genuinely better place to work at . Please make every business unit professional and in sync so that people can suggest and give feedback freely, otherwise people will just leave.

Equal Experts2019-02-03

Equal Experts Response

March 20, 2019Director, Equal Experts India

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the effort in providing us with the feedback. What you describe is certainly not consistent with our values. I empathise with you and can imagine how frustrated you might have felt. You’ve described a situation where you’ve felt that people management is helpful but they are not getting things done. That is valuable feedback as it has already helped us in having internal review of all the open items with the team with a view of removing blockers and correcting these kinds of situations. I can understand how some of the actions or inactions in Equal Experts have affected you. I am committed to make EE a place that delivers value not just for our clients but also to our people. I’d like to thank you once again for your feedback and also encourage you to have open discussions with myself or the management team to help improve the situation together - Ashish Jagtap

"Great place for "grown-ups""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interesting and challenging projects, encourages a great work-life balance (depending a bit on the individual client's working practices), some really good people who are highly skilled and in the most part humble and open to ideas. Lots of autonomy to make decisions, try things

Cons

As others have commented, going through growing pains as the original lightweight processes and org structures are being scaled. But generally this is being done in a sensitive and mature way, and for the right reasons. Recent changes to strengthen the Exec team are starting to work well. Some projects struggle to apply the EE cultural values, often due in a large part to politics within the client's team.... Occasionally leads/EMs struggle to manage this type of client, but ultimately people get paid well to deal with these challenges. Permanent and contract staff are given a lot of autonomy, and in general the recruitment process selects great people ("grown-ups") who can make the most of this responsibility. If you can't, go somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Keep reinforcing the values, experiment a bit more with developing innovative internal processes and don't be afraid to try something and fail/learn.

Equal Experts2019-01-23
  7. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time

Pros

Fantastic work / life balance. Colleagues are treated equally across the network, regardless of position held. All ideas, thoughts and suggestions for improvements are valued. Feedback is actively sought for any process changes, providing employees with the opportunity to have their input and influence on changes within the business. You are treated as a grown up and entrusted to get the job done. Great... colleagues to work with, everyone is willing to share knowledge and help others, really positive atmosphere / team spirit.

Cons

Non that I can think of

Equal Experts2019-01-14
  8. "A great place to be..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at Equal Experts part-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great work-life balance. - Your opinion is actively sought and valued. - You have the opportunity to influence at all levels. - There is a real team feel - individuals respect and support each other. - Autonomy - you are trusted to do the right thing and to use your expertise.

Cons

Non that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Equal Experts2018-09-27
  9. "They waited to find me the right role before I joined as an employee, it was worth the wait!"

Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Work life balance is actually a thing! I can't stress this point enough. EE recognise that people are more than work. By being able to drop kids off or get an emptier train or wait at home when they have a last minute fridge delivery mean individuals perform better at work - In the 3 months I've worked here, everyone I've met is a specialist in their field. It's refreshing to work with people who are passionate... about what they do but also recognise when they need to lean on other people - Everyone is maxed but I have found that people have always made the time to help me develop skills, feel confident delivering as EE or just have a coffee to help me grow my network - The company lives its values and wants to be right by its client. Having worked for a large consulting firm and then a small start up it's refreshing not always be chasing the next sale.

Cons

- You make your own destiny in the network so there are elements of meeting the right people to answer certain questions - The autonomy and freedom does lead to inefficiencies in other areas and duplication but the company have made this conscious decision

Advice to Management

I feel like the company has been successful because of making lots of small decisions they've made in the journey. Don't loose the spirit or EE-ness as we continue to grow.

Equal Experts2018-08-09

"good for less experienced in the current situation"

Software Engineer in Pune

I have been working at Equal Experts

Pros

-Good atmosphere -good work life balance possible -Relatively new technologies used -Freedom to explore new things in market and suggest for projects -has some very competent people to collaborate and learn

Cons

-appraisal min 3-4 months late which can easily be achieved in time but more of a retention policy -shortage of projects -market outlook is really impressive but not so true within -admin and hr helpful but sadly cannot take any decisions by the looks of it. Single authority for everything -lot of grey areas in policies as they seem to differ person to person -no idea about how decisions on travel are... taken -cost cutting at some places seems unwarranted and seems to be the general mentality

Advice to Management

Need to retrospect

Equal Experts2017-02-12