Event Cinemas Employee Reviews about "roster"

Updated 9 Jul 2019

3.3
Pros
Cons
  • "upper management will always be breathing down your neck looking for mistakes when you first start working there(in 5 reviews)

• "If you roster time off, or swap shifts with other people, you will be punished with 0 hours or max(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "roster"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work for casual"

4.0
    Former Contractor - Retail Sales and Service in Sydney

I worked at Event Cinemas for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, friendly and nice. Lots of small perks and fun things on the job. Very professional environment when it comes to employee care and consideration.

Cons

Getting work finished on time can be tough on busy days. Roster can be unpredictable.

"Great as a first job!"

4.0
    General Cinema Worker

I have been working at Event Cinemas for more than a year

Pros

As a teenager, this is a great first time job. - On-the-job training with use of registers - Customer service experience - Welcoming, friendly culture - $2 movie tickets (only valid after working there for 6 months)

Cons

- Can get boring after a while - Some communication problems with management on latest promotions (can lead to irritated customers who ask us about deals which we were not informed about) - Understaffing during peak periods makes it a nightmare for both employees on shift and customers - If you roster time off, or swap shifts with other people, you will be punished with 0 hours or max. 3hour shifts in the following weeks

Continue reading
  3. "Management is appalling!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage Supervisor in Liverpool

I worked at Event Cinemas part-time for more than a year

Pros

Employees can see a number of movies for free each month, this helps when it comes to telling customers what movies are about. The

Cons

Shifts are more and more frequently getting cut short or cut before the shift even starts. Some weeks a roster is not even sent out to some employees, this is hard for people as this is their only source of income.

Continue reading

"Poor Management, No HR Department, Rude Customers=Unnecessarily stressful casual job"

1.0
    Food and Beverage Supervisor in Bondi

I have been working at Event Cinemas

Pros

- the cheap movie tickets (i.e. free - let's be honest, no one actually buys a staff pass) - being positioned in a major shopping precinct so close to shops/public transport

Cons

- Snacking on junk food and sweets (popcorn, soft drinks, choc tops, Gold Class food & beverages, leftovers, etc. I've put on so much weight - extremely rude customers in Gold Class (entitled upper class people) - i've gone home in shakes and tears after being called names from customers - these experiences have made me dwell on their awful comments for days afterwards - yet no counselling is provided or even offered, and the worst is that if you have a formal complaint about upper management there is really no way to escalate the issue without going through them as Events (as big as the company is) does not even have a HR department.. - poor rostering due to supposed "low payroll" issues that have been occurring for way too long, as a result extremely busy Friday or Saturday nights may only see around 6 people rostered in Gold Class bar/kitchen and as a result food is late, food gets run in cold, people have anxiety attacks from the stress of it all, people miss out on breaks, people faint from being hungry - we work so hard and are given very little recognition/praise from upper management - instead they go home at the end of financial year with a nice little cash bonus for under-rostering every working week. The wage - not worth it. - sexist promotions (I saw three men who were hired after me and who were less experienced than me be promoted and paid more, when they were not fit to supervise a team) - this is also an issue of favouritism amongst upper management. - most the colleagues that you work with on your level are fine, but upper management are authoritative, cowardly idiots who haven't got the slightest idea of how to talk to staff, let alone treat them - recently hight turn around - we've lost 4 duty managers in the last couple of months (that's 50% of the management team) and recently lost another 4 casual employees in the last couple of weeks - that's just to name a few ^

"Would not recommend"

Cinema Sales Attendant in Auckland, Auckland

I worked at Event Cinemas

Pros

Good benefits -- free movies, huge discounts on food, discounts at Rydges Hotels.

Cons

Little to no regard for work/life balance. I was often rostered to work more than 5 days in a row. Very underpaid for the effort you are expected to put in.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews