Experis "manpower" Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Experis Employee Reviews about "manpower"

Updated 13 Jul 2019

Found 889 reviews

3.3
Experis CEO Jonas Prising
Jonas Prising
Pros
Cons
  • "I have no cons working for Experis(in 38 reviews)

• "Hourly pay which means no paid holidays(in 19 reviews)

Reviews about "manpower"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Making it easy during transition"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Experis full-time for less than a year

Pros

The manpower and the folks at Experis really made us feel at ease after 10 years with J&J , then J&J decided to eliminate more positions.

Cons

No cons that I can recall....

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent care, it's all about communication and honesty.

Experis2019-03-15
  2. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Experis full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

With the Manpower connection and ability to service any city in the US, there are many opportunities to open up new business. In house immigration dept. is a plus!

Cons

Doesn't always value experience. Turnover rate increased quite a bit.

Experis2018-04-26
  3. "Business Development Manager"

I have been working at Experis full-time

Pros

I enjoy working for Experis. It's a good company with good core values. It's owned by Manpower Group, so it's nice know there's an even larger company backing you.

Cons

Not many cons- there's been a lot of change in management recently but I think that was just timing. Before I started the management had been in place for years.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. In order to maintain good talent it's important to stay current with trends and understand what other companies are providing their employees.

Experis2017-05-22

"Changes weren't strategic"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at Experis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Brand through Manpower (surprised by the number of people not familiar with Experis)

Cons

Changes that occurred at the end of 2015 messed up the entire company. CEO has changed the company model and ran out the tenured, most successful employees. Taking money from employees and putting more in the company... when they left, branches made poor hiring decisions on the sales side which resulted in bad VMS business only. No worklife balance. They say they're flexible but frown upon you if you have to leave...

Advice to Management

Hire seasoned sales team members that will go out and get knew business instead of farming VMS accounts

Experis2017-02-11
    • "Good firm"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Experis full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Owned by Manpower, which is a very good company. Pay is great, if you can execute. Believe there is high potential if you are on a good team in a good market.

Cons

Like any company, especially large ones, you can get stuck with a bad manager. Your execution depends on a good team, so if the manager is poor, your chances for success go down dramatically.

Advice to Management

Less management, more leadership. Listen carefully to your top performers - they usually want to do even better, so any criticism should be taken seriously.

Experis2016-11-12
    • "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Experis full-time for more than a year

Pros

owned by Manpower, 70 years in the Business, great teams that collaborate

Cons

I don't have any cons as of today

Experis2016-10-27

"You will not be happy here"

Former Employee - Core Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Experis full-time for more than a year

Pros

The location and cafeteria are fantastic. Manpower, the parent company, is very involved in the local community.

Cons

Below is what I had written in my last review and all still rings true. My addition, that I feel anyone looking to take a job as a recruiter for them should know, is that they have fired 40+ people in the last few weeks from Experis Core. This isn't counting the people who have left on their own. Right now they're cutting to save money. Though they don't tell employees why, we know it has to do with their model not working....

Advice to Management

Take a look at leadership and actually start caring about the people that work for you. People in that line of work are not disposable. If you invest some time in them you'll have a great team of people, but as of now you'll be lucky to have anyone who currently works there left after six months.

Experis2016-10-30

"IT Recruiter - back yourself and don't make a terrible decision"

Current Employee - IT Recruiter

I have been working at Experis

Pros

1 star because the base pay is okay - $40,000 but that is generally the only positive about the role. Jonas (the CEO) is nice and friendly but this department is not treated like the rest of Experis (Manpower) and I am not even sure he understands the working conditions. For example, for Memorial day 99% of department left at 3pm but Core was not allowed to leave until 4:15pm.

Cons

As the Director openly stated they look for "poor, hungry people" so they can lock them in knowing that they will struggle to find a job elsewhere. Most of the people coming on are college students who are unable to find a job elsewhere with the degree they studied for. You see college students with marketing, psychology degrees pretending that they are really happy to land this job There is an Us vs Them mentality...

Advice to Management

I have no advice as everything they do is intentional and this is the model they have chosen.

Experis2016-06-14
      • "consideration"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milan, MI
        No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Experis for more than a year

Pros

part of Manpower Group scalable business model global market

Cons

short term vision massive approach sales approach instead of consultant approach

Experis2016-02-06

"Horrible management"

I worked at Experis full-time

Pros

Nothing. Avoid experis and get a position in a different department. Manpower is a great company but experis is a horrible department so save yourself the trouble.

Cons

Mandatory overtime that is not paid because it is a salaried position but gets to 50-60 hours a week. Very poor management styles and execution. Bull pen work setting, very unappealing and negative experience all around.

Advice to Management

Start treating your employees as adults and professionals and stop micromanaging and treating your employees like children. Start treating people fairly and stop playing favorites and thinking that individuals don't talk and figure out your true colors.

Experis2016-02-24