Facebook Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Mark Zuckerberg
1,860 Ratings

2,311 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good work-life balance and flexibility" (in 88 reviews)

• "An AMPLE amount of free food is another great perk" (in 239 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be a struggle at times - it is up to the individual to prioritize" (in 257 reviews)

• "Expect to Work Hard in line with the Move Fast mantra that pervades the company ethos" (in 60 reviews)

"agent Mcfly"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Pros

Having a laugh, when your day really really bad, great CNN / technology on apps needs a little service in some areas, mostly sorting likes n don't likes.

Cons

Having to tell people, to respect each other, n talk civil ' even in wrath angry words don't aide.

Advice to Management

Less foul language ' more corrective strength, with love, joy, give his directions.

2. "Best place to work"

Pros

- Culture & people
    - Opportunity to learn
    - Pay
    - Value driven

Cons

- Don't keep people on

Advice to Management

Invest more into people permanently

"fantastic"

Pros

collaborative, fulfilling, personable bunch, supportive, great benefits

Cons

Too sociable sometimes, always on

4. "Great company to grow in"

Pros

Surrounded by smart people to learn from and work with. Emphasis on impact. Plenty of travel opportunities.

Cons

N/A None at the moment.

Advice to Management

Never lose sight of the importance of great managers and quality of people hired as the company grows.

5. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Sydney
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Sydney

I worked at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are excellent, iss them!

Cons

too much food! I have gained 10 pounds!

Advice to Management

Slow down

6. "Amazing experience, never a dull day."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Sydney
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Sydney

Pros

Industry changing work. Forward thinking team. Casual workplace.

Cons

Long hours, challenging at times.

"Fast paced company with high expectations, but incredibly fair. You won't a place that cares more about it's people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Incredible benefits
    - Excellent compensation that rewards strong performance
    - Lots of autonomy
    - Tons of room for growth
    - Very transparent from the top down
    - Strong leadership
    - Intelligent and caring colleagues
    - The most fair and well thought out review process you will find everywhere
    - Exciting work

Cons

- If you don't learn to make the work life balance work for you, it can be exhausting. But you'll also be given lots of support with this if you ask for it.
    - It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, chances are you're going to be surrounded by a ton of other people who are just as good if not better. Imposter syndrome is real, but if you got an offer, you probably belong here too.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, keep an eye on employee burnout, keep supporting your people and keep pushing them, and the rest of the world, forward.

Facebook Response

17 Apr 2017 – Director, Global Recruiting Programs and Operations

Thank you for the feedback. From the Life@ benefits and conveniences to the many employee affinity and advice groups, we are all here to support you. If you need additional help, please reach out to... More

"Pleasantly Surprised"

Current Employee - Site Selection Program Manager in Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Site Selection Program Manager in Menlo Park, CA (US)

Pros

I'm a 55 year old working in a company where the average age is 28, and I've never been happier. I have always wanted to work in a company where I wasn't the proverbial square peg, and after nearly 30 years in the work force, I believe that I have found the company that complements my ideology for how a company should operate. Here are the "Pros" as I see them...

- Leadership: Mark Zuckerberg, Sheryl Sandberg, Chris Cox and the rest of the leadership team. Inspiring, smart and totally real.
    - The Culture: The openness is a real thing, we're trusted to do the right thing, mistakes are expected, being yourself is important and encouraged, humility is encouraged and expected, building trust is paramount, the mission of making the world a more open and connected place isn't just a cool phrase because it guides everything. It's not about us, it's about everyone else.
    - The People: Smart and nice is what I find. The diversity is better than any other company I've worked at and it's getting better. Those that are figuring out how to make what we do better for everyone are really good at implementing their ideas. Two years ago I didn't know what this company really was or if it had a secure future. I can clearly see now that they have what it takes to last, and it's sincere.
    - Management: Managers are hired because they're good managers and not because they're good at something else. The management track is different than the contributor track and they're equal in importance.
    - Benefits: Working in the Valley it's hard to differentiate all the benefits employees receive and Facebook is at least equal to all the major tech companies, but coming from Seattle the benefits are nothing short of incredible.

Granted, I haven't been with the company for very long and I'm still in the honeymoon period, but I can tell what's real and what's not; this place is for real.

Cons

Like any tech company, the work is big and complicated so work/life balance can suffer from time to time. The difference is that it's the passion within the individuals that drives them to work long hours and forego time off. Of course there can be times when schedule demands force the imbalance, but it's not such that 10-12 hours days become commonplace and expected regardless. We do what we do to get the job done; no one is killing themselves because there's an order to do so.

Being able to eat to your hearts/stomachs content can be dangerous to the waistline, but that's a self-control thing and not the company's issue.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and fight hard to not be complacent. I believe that humility is the key so don't ever lose that thinking. Your motives will always be suspect, but if you're able to look in the mirror everyday and know that your motives are pure, that's all that matters. Walking the talk is the best evidence there is.

Facebook Response

31 Mar 2016 – Your Friends at Facebook

Thank you for sharing your experience here. We believe our mission-driven community is special, and bringing together people with different backgrounds to work on challenging problems makes us better.

"Great place for software engineers"

I have been working at Facebook full-time

Pros

Very, very serious about handling the privacy and integrity issues surfaced in the Cambridge scandal. Huge amounts of resources behind that...

Ton of opportunities to do interesting work - way more than there are engineers to take them on.

Massive scale.

Generally clued in line management.

Top of market comp.

Great food.

Great teams.

Cons

Everyone else is also really smart, so good luck standing out!

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on integrity.

"Level of Care is Astonishing"

Current Employee - Hardware Engineering in Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Hardware Engineering in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Open Culture
    Free Food
    Work with Bright people
    Access to Senior leadership
    4 months paternity leave
    Virtually Unlimited resources

Community is at the core of FB. I’ve never worked at a company that cares so much about its people. Taking care of yourself and working sustainably is part of the culture. All the amenities are there to keep you focused (or distracted). Food, snacks, multiple gyms (with classes), car service, life@ (I took my passport photos there for heavens sake).

We have, workplace, FB’s own internal app. It’s like Facebook within Facebook for employees. I can message anybody and be in contact with anybody in the company. I’m an entry level engineer and talk to VPs Directors and even Mark, who holds open forum EVERY Friday in person. That level of access is phenomenal.

If you have an idea you can do it. You have the support and finances to achieve whatever you can think of. If you’ve worked anywhere else then you can see why everything I’ve written is so important. It just isn’t like that anywhere else.

Cons

It’s so good that it would be hard to work anywhere else. I’m destroyed for life. If it’s your first job I would feel bad because this is NOT a true view of the working world. If you’re humble enough to appreciate that then you should be ok. I believe people can develop a degree of entitlement and hubris in this environment. You can run into folks like that, but the majority of others are great.

Advice to Management

Mark is doing a fantastic job managing a service that over 2 Billion people use worldwide. The way FB has evolved so much so fast has brought a lot of unexpected uses. Stay the course, and don’t stray from what people love most about FB. Connecting with Friends and Family.

Showing 2,311 of 2,874 reviews