Family First Life Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 14 February 2019

4.8
Shawn Meaike

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Family First Life hands down has the best comp in the industry" (in 89 reviews)

• "Family First Life is a friendly workplace for women" (in 84 reviews)

Cons
  • "A specific type of person will succeed at Family First Life" (in 16 reviews)

• "There are no cons when you make 250 thousand a year" (in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best IMO in the industry!!"

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Raleigh, NC (US)

I have been working at Family First Life full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family First Life has provided the best training, resources and compensation that im able to more than triple the income what I can do in corporate america working 60-80 hrs a week in only 40 hours so I have time with my family, and on my schedule. FFL you are vested day 1, paid top comp and plenty of leads. FFL has not only helped my family financially but helped me be a better person working on a team of positive people and resources to grow.

Cons

You are independent and have to plug into the resources so your success is a result of your work ethic.

Advice to Management

If its not broken dont fix it, best company ive ever worked for, keep doing what youre doing!

"Great Workplace"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Family First Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I saw an ad for this job and since I was out of work from my seasonal job I decided to try it for work in the off season. I won't sugar coat it but this is work and it is hard at first. Slowly and surely with guidance and support I started making money. Then I started to make a ton of money and I quit my seasonal job. The income I am making would not be possible without the support I got from EVERYONE at Family First Life.

Cons

When I started out I was making very little but I got there.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work. Thanks for everything you do for your agents.

"Family First Life"

Current Employee - Agent in Eugene, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Agent in Eugene, OR (US)

I have been working at Family First Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I got super jaded working with my last IMO. I thought the comp was great and then I found Family First Life. Their method is simple, and if you follow their lead, you can EASILY make way more than you do now because they offer the highest comp in the industry and you get your renewals from day one. The carriers are top notch, and they are bringing in more all the time. I am extremely happy I switched.

Cons

Remember people you work for yourself and it is not easy!!

4. "I Love My Job"

Current Employee - Independent Insurance Agent in Spring, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Independent Insurance Agent in Spring, TX (US)

I have been working at Family First Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started 2018 working nights at a plant I had worked at for 6 years. I worked part-time with Family First Life for a few months, and I decided I wanted more for myself and my family. With the help of Family First Life, my life was changed! I eventually went full-time with Family First Life, and I could not be happier. I will finish 2018 over $150K issue paid! The culture of FFL is selfless, and I would not work with anyone else!

Cons

While you learn the process work another job because this is comission only.

Advice to Management

Thanks Shawn Meaike for being such an inspiration.

5. "Found My Niche"

Current Employee - Life Insurance Agent in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Life Insurance Agent in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at Family First Life part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was in pharmaceutical sales, but I wanted to be able to spend time with my kids, so I decided to join Family First Life. I am so glad I did. I make my OWN schedule, and I really like helping families. Right now I am part-time, but I plan to go full-time in the new year. This is a flexible position, but you have to work hard to make money. I love it but, it is not for everyone.

Cons

You must be a self starter or you will be very unhappy.

Advice to Management

Your training is fantastic thank you for being forward.

6. "Great Second Career"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Family First Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I retired from the police force, but I was too young to really retire. My father was an independent agent, and I decided to take the test and give it a go. I did my research and decided on Family First Life. I chose them for a number of reasons. They encourage you! All The Time! They never wanted me to sell to friends and family they did tell me to buy leads which were invaluable. The company often speaks of helping families protect their loved ones if something bad should happen. They are not all about the hard sell. I really like working with Family First Life and it is a company I feel good about representing.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to remain motivated but you can take a day off and get back to it.

Advice to Management

Shawn Meaike, never stop telling it like it is.

"Yes this is a job for a young guy"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Family First Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met someone at a job fair who tried to introduce me to selling insurance, and I could think was "old man job". A week after that I saw an ad for Family First Life. I decided to call them. The hiring person was very helpful and did not seem to be old. I got my license and met my local upline. Oh, he was a young dude too. I love the fact this company wants to disrupt insurance! I guess insurance is not just for old dudes. The comp is superior. This is an excellent job if you are a competitive person.

Cons

You must work hard to get somewhere. Sometime I feel like quitting others like I won the superbowl.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the live Facebook training that I can watch on my phone.

8. "Underwriter for Family First Life"

Current Employee - Underwriter in Springfield, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Springfield, MO (US)

I have been working at Family First Life part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work culture, and atmosphere.

Cons

Being a business owner is incredibly difficult.

9. "It's About Families"

Current Employee - Life Insurance Agent in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Life Insurance Agent in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I have been working at Family First Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

"Lost my job with a baby on the way. Decided to try Family First Life as I had been in sales. At first, I never thought I could make it. I was making so little, and I was bombing out with every family I met! I started losing sleep and would watch the training videos the company posts each week. Between the videos and my upline, I started learning how to do this job, and I started to make money. It was important to listen to people who had success with this and follow their lead because their success can fuel yours. The comp is outstanding when you sell! It's a great and honorable company."

Cons

You won't make money if you can't learn the way to sell this product.

Advice to Management

Shawn Meaike is a treasure. He is gruff but will tell you as it is.

10. "Reviewing for job position"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Killeen, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Killeen, TX (US)

I have been working at Family First Life part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very Responsive employer, and very respectful

Cons

No cons as of now