Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 6 May 2020

3.5
Farmers Insurance Group CEO Jeff Dailey
Jeff Dailey
1,300 Ratings
Pros
Cons
  • "Work-life balance Can be stressful but plenty of overtime(in 84 reviews)

• "Upper management can be cool or they love to listen to themselves talk(in 71 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"You will have the opportunity to voice your opinion, but it doesn’t mean they listen"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Caledonia, MI

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time

Pros

Money is okay. You have support for what you’re doing if you can’t find in your resources Bonuses are provided as well as pretty decent benefits

Cons

I see all these complaints about management and it’s true, but nothing changes. My second manager since being here is doesn’t acknowledge me or any of my female co-workers, except to tell us what we’re doing wrong. Agents aren’t trained properly. If you work in the call center, you’re training the agents on things, but good luck some of them are pretty dense or overly upset about problems they created themselves. I had a teammate of mine tell me we don’t make agents smarter, we make them less dumb. It’s unfortunately true. You have plenty of opportunity to voice your opinion, but it falls on deaf ears pretty frequently. Pretty stagnant culture. Upper management can be cool or they love to listen to themselves talk. No in between. Our systems are TERRIBLE. My entire department hates the system we have as it errors all the time. Again nothing is done despite the employees raising concern. Agents can barely service their policies due to this but again, nothing is done. Do you like taking medicine to function? Doesn’t matter you better get some because they love putting you under ridiculous pressure. If you’re sick and you call out, they’ll make you feel terrible for it. Metrics are rammed down your throat until you perform of get fired. Sounds like a great place to work, huh?

Continue reading
  2. "Interesting rules to play by"

Former Employee - District Recruiter in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good company as far as how they treat their insurance customers; solid reputation

Cons

The district managers are expected to fend for themselves and compete against each other to gain agents. This works in most places across the country as offices are spread out... not in concentrated areas like Los Angeles. The threats from upper management to meet the numbers and grow the district were unfair only because they were more difficult for DM's in concentrated metropolitan locales. We were forced to fish from the same recruiting pool - was very difficult.

3. "Good Training"

4.0
    Former Employee - District Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Outside Sales type of Recruiting vs sitting at a desk all day.

Cons

A lot of layers of upper management.

4. "A great company to work with"

5.0
    Former Intern - Volunteer Coordinator

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group

Pros

Friendly and Diverse culture. Family like bonds with everyone.

Cons

Upper management can sometimes, not often, lack experience.

"Choose another company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Service Operations Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time

Pros

The benefits were good.

Cons

Upper management does not support its employees. No matter how the company guidelines are followed by the employees, when a customer or agent pushes back, the company buckles, making the employee obsolete. Front-line employees are expendable. And if a mistake is made, no matter how small, you are on management's radar and they start to work on getting you out.

6. "Review"

Former Employee - CSSR
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Customer service appreciation and good hours

Cons

low pay and upper management does not help employees

"OK job as long as you're content on not advancing."

Current Employee - Senior Service Advocate in Independence, OH

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very good 401k match and contribution. Education reimbursement. Yearly Bonus.

Cons

Documented unethical and racist/homophobic management- not LGBT friendly. As many others have stated, advancement is limited to how well your upper management likes you and how much you suck up to them. Current upper management does not have a clue on how to handle the explosive growth. Terrible Health Benefits.

8. "Farmers"

5.0
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group

Pros

Great place to work - quality of life

Cons

Upper management had some product /pricing issues but most have now been resolved

9. "Life as an Agent & District Manager"

Current Employee - District Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A large stable company with more opportunity inside the company vs external sales outside the company.

Cons

Upper management makes decisions without experience or real knowledge of the consumer in rural markets

"Gotta know somebody"

4.0

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group

Pros

Great Experience Great Pay Camaraderie at district level

Cons

No Benefits Must know someone in upper management to ever advance Very much a good old boys club

Found 71 reviews