Fidelity International Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 24, 2021

Found 237 of over 1,254 reviews

4.2
Fidelity International CEO Anne Richards
Anne Richards
Pros
  • "Great Work Life Balance (Depending upon Team)(in 223 reviews)

• "free food and cab and 8 to 5 job(in 60 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Excessive 'dead wood' especially in middle/senior management(in 26 reviews)

• "more involvement of subordinates in day to day decision making regarding team matters(in 21 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great improvement since the arrival of Anne Richards !

Jan 24, 2021 - Technology Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

For those who choose to take them, Fidelity offers the opportunity to develop an interesting and varied career. Recent change leadership at the top has resulted in a much clearer direction and more disciplined approach to strategy, change and accountability. Excellent leadership during the COVID 19 pandemic.

Cons

Establishing a work-life balance is a challenge in many areas

Employee Experience Team

At Fidelity International, we know it is more important than ever to come together during this pandemic. It is fantastic to see that you have been satisfied with our leadership during COVID-19 and in a broader sense. We appreciate that opportunities are important to employee growth, so it is great that you recognise the various roles and training we offer. If you are struggling to find a healthy work-life balance, we encourage you to speak with your manager to ensure this is resolved. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and it is great that you have had such a positive experience.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Jan 18, 2021 - Sales &Amp; Marketing Associate in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

People, culture, work-life balance, benefits

Cons

Career progression can be slow

Employee Experience Team

We are delighted to read that you found Fidelity International to be a company that offers great benefits and a healthy work life balance as that is something that we value immensely. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

3. 3.0

good and steady

Jan 14, 2021 - Associate Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

good work life balance; friendly people.

Cons

Frequent org changes. Strategy is not clear and a lot of stop/start.

2 people found this review helpful

Employee Experience Team

We are pleased to hear that you found a good  work-life balance at Fidelity  International as we  put a lot of effort into ensuring that all our employees can  work  in ways that meet their personal needs. It is something we hear often,  and  we are glad to see that we are maintaining this. We are always striving to improve our company so the points you have raised, both positive and negative, are incredibly useful.

4. 3.0

Laid back, needs change

Jan 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong
      Business Outlook

Pros

Laid back atmosphere Work life balance Comp and benefits are competitive, dependant on your level and hiring area

Cons

Lack of best practice approaches and scalability Organizational inertia  Behaves like an organisation much larger due to shadow of US organisation  Unwillingness to 'push the envelope' and nobody wants to 'rock the boat' Poor technology execution  Excessive 'dead wood' especially in middle/senior management

Continue reading

Employee Experience Team

Thank you for leaving such a detailed and thoughtful review. It is regrettable that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. The points you have raised are very useful and will support the continuous improvement of our company. We will discuss your concerns at our next team meeting but in the meantime we encourage you to get in touch through  employee.experience@fil.com  with any further details.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work with

Jan 14, 2021 - Programmer in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Supportive and collaborative team leads/ managers. 2. People and LnD focusses a lot on learning constantly about new and upcoming technologies so that one remains fungible and can adapt easily in the environment. 3. Work life balance is top notch. Managers understand your reason for taking leaves and approve it most of the time. 4. Even during Covid, Fidelity has taken as many measure as possible to make the WFH experience unaffected for its employees and still keeps on asking what better can be done.

Cons

Nothing as compared to Pros.

Employee Experience Team

At Fidelity International, we know it is more important than ever to come together during this pandemic. It is fantastic to see that you have been supported by your manager and have found a healthy work-life balance where you can work in ways that meet your personal needs. We strive to develop our company continuously, so it is great that you have seen this in practice with the technology we use. We really appreciate the time you have taken to leave such a detailed review. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and it is great that you have had such a positive experience.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work

Jan 12, 2021 - Analyst Programmer in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employee benefits, Good working culture, Work life balance, cab facility

Cons

Less promotions, average appraisals, slow growth

Employee Experience Team

It is good to hear that you were satisfied with the employee benefits and culture we have at fidelity. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts about the areas you were less satisfied with, as it allows us to gain a better picture of the elements we need to improve as a company.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Retirement Company

Jan 11, 2021 - Analyst Programmer in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

1) Pampers Employee 2) Great Work Life Balance (Depending upon Team) 3) Flexible Working Hours 4) No Hire & Fire Policy. You can even Retire in this Company. 5) Free lunch & dinner. The food will definitely make you fat for sure.

Cons

1) Flat Salary Structure. So less Take to Home salary. 2) Less calendar holidays. 6 Fixed +2 Flexi. 3) No Leave Encashment policy. 4) People gets lazy after working in this kind of environment.

Employee Experience Team

We are delighted to read that you found Fidelity International to be a company that looks after employees with numerous benefits and flexible working hours. It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied elsewhere, and we appreciate that there are areas we need to develop. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

8. 4.0

Great Company with amazing benefits

Jan 10, 2021 - Senior Software Developer in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free Food Free transportation Work life balance

Cons

I can not find any.

Employee Experience Team

We are always striving to create the best experience for our employees, so it’s wonderful to hear that we were able to support you and meet your expectations. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your journey with us and we really value your honest feedback.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Dec 7, 2020 - Graduate Programmer in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work Life Balance, Salary, Culture

Cons

Nothing Specific, every organization has some issues and this one has too

Employee Experience Team

A good work-life balance is important, and we put a lot of effort in to ensure that all our employees can work in ways that meet their personal needs. It is wonderful that the work-life balance we provide, as well as the other benefits we offer, has made your experience a positive one. Thank you for leaving this thoughtful review.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Dec 19, 2020 - Senior Analyst Programmer in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance. Good Opportunities to learn

Cons

Need to revisit the compensation structure.

Employee Experience Team

We are glad to see that you have found a healthy work-life balance with us and have enjoyed the opportunities we offer. It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with our compensation structure. We value the comments you have made, both positive and negative, as it will help us improve our company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 237 Reviews