Fidelity Investments "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.9
Fidelity Investments CEO Abby Johnson
Abby Johnson
2,518 Ratings

"Difficult. When you work 401k on the floor, at least when I was there, it’s back to back."

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits and amazing healthcare. 401k has a large portfolio, great matching and profit sharing if you are there for years. PTO and VTO, FMLA Maternity leave 6-7 months, Paternity leave about a month I think. Lots of OT for second shift.

Cons

Discriminates against pregnant women and then penalizes you and shames you for having to pee frequently. Gives too much VTO and doesn’t anticipate proper staffing to help cover 2nd shift at night. Pressures employees to do the impossible and demands perfection yet pays crap, and doesn’t even listen to their employees. PTO can only be planned. They get angry if you have to take sick days. They don’t actually give... credit to outstanding employees like they should. I was supposed to get a VOC award but the manager who took it never submitted it even after multiple requests. They refuse to change your schedule. The company says they’re family friendly but they really aren’t. They force you to sign a sort of gag order which means you’re not allowed to tell incoming employees or potential employees how bad it is while you work there up to a year after you leave. They expect you to do all of these ridiculous things during a call, jump through hoops in a quick and timely manner however also need to be able to connect with callers while being verbally abused. The work environment is a little toxic. Feels like high school. If you’re not in someone’s click then you’re alone. If you’re pregnant they do give you a generous maternity leave however they are prejudice against you if you’re pregnant or become so. I had to constantly get up and go to the bathroom and had severe vertigo, because of that I wasn’t taking calls which caused my stats to go down. I was constantly pulled aside and “coached”, a polite way of reprimanding, and told that I, a pregnant woman, needed to hold it till my breaks. When I called HR about it I was told other pregnant women were held to the same standards, yet my own sister in law was almost fired because of the same issues. Every pregnant woman I’ve known who worked this position quit because of the discrimination. Doing a lawsuit against the company would be pointless because they can just say I wasn’t adhering to my required stats and NH is an at will state. Word to the wise, don’t plan on starting a family while working on the floor. They will use every excuse under the sun as to why you can’t transfer departments or grow in the company and why you can’t get a different shift. I was 1:30-9:30pm. After I got pregnant I needed to change my schedule because I couldn’t drive at night. But again I was denied. I left the company because my mental health tanked so low from verbally abusive callers and an employer who didn’t care about what was going on and from being isolated because it’s like high school, and I was refused a shift change that I desperately needed.

Advice to Management

Fix the culture on the floor this isn’t high school, give your employees a better wage for dealing with being verbally abused and stop discriminating against pregnant women. You’re lucky I haven’t filed a lawsuit for discrimination. If you’re not careful someone else will. Allow those who need a shift change to get it. Stop forcing employees to lie about how great it is.

Fidelity Investments2019-08-21
  2. "Great Company that cares about employees"

Current Employee - Associate Systems Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, resources, and associates

Cons

Leap program is like high school 2.0, wish they treated us like adults

Fidelity Investments2019-07-15

"Great Company, better benefits"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

401K is insane, 7% match and 10% profit sharing, total of 17% of pay put into 401K by fidelity. flexible work schedule, work from anywhere remotely as needed. great benefits, and great pay.

Cons

very conservative company, you will have trainings and compliance reviews monthly, its annoying, but they really do take fiduciary advice seriously which overall is a good thing.

Advice to Management

let producers, produce.

Fidelity Investments2019-07-10
  4. "Best in class"

Current Employee - Principal Analyst in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, clear direction and engaged leadership.

Cons

Can be difficult to move laterally into new roles.

Advice to Management

Continue thinning out surviving dinosaurs who fail to embrace the leadership principles.

Fidelity Investments2019-07-10
  5. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Great benefits - Great campus - Friendly people

Cons

- Overworked - Not enough resources to help make you successful at your job

Fidelity Investments2019-07-08
  6. "Very good for family lifestyle"

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Smithfield, RI

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than a year

Pros

Consistent hours, great benefits. There is a reason some people stay a long time

Cons

It's a very big company. Having to work outside your department can take a while

Fidelity Investments2019-07-02

"Great company to learn but not to grow"

Current Employee - High Net Worth Financial Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, happy people, good work life balance, great pay, fantastic job training,

Cons

Lack of leadership in management, no career progression, very little training after you are “on the job” after finishing their training program. Not many internal job opportunities. Most managers are just reps with more experience so not a lot of true management experience.

Advice to Management

Provide more career prospects, increase the amount of training available for employees, need stronger leadership.

Fidelity Investments2019-06-17

"Great place to work and amazing benefits"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are great and there is a lot of career mobility.

Cons

Many people have been there for 30+ years and are stuck in their ways. Management wants to innovate and change, but it is harder for employees to actually get on board.

Fidelity Investments2019-06-15
  9. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great employees! Great benefits! Great 401k plans!

Cons

There are limited remote positions. New leadership makes changes without consideration for impact on employees or customers.

Advice to Management

Keep employees happy and your clients will stay happy.

Fidelity Investments2019-06-14

"Great Work-life balance & benefits"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work flexibility Help with work-life balance Great benefits Good learning opportunities to develop

Cons

Limited promotions opportunities Learning opportunities difficult to use due to workload It's about the people you know and not the work you do, at least in my group

Fidelity Investments2019-06-06