FinancialForce Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 230 reviews

3.5
FinancialForce CEO Tod Nielsen
Tod Nielsen
Pros
  • "FinancialForce offers best in class solutions and amazing work / life balance(in 35 reviews)

• "Work/Life Balance (They understand people have families)(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some growing pains, but all being addressed(in 29 reviews)

• "Salesforce: it can be restrictive, prescriptive and generally frustrating to work on(in 14 reviews)

1. "Fantastic culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrogate

I have been working at FinancialForce (Less than a year)

Pros

- Refreshing culture, full of energy, lovely office. - Lots of investment in employees in terms of training. - Great recruitment process. - Coming to work is always a joy, never a chore :)

Cons

The office is situated on the outskirts of Harrogate (a lovely place), however this means the closest train station is a 30 minute walk/additional 20 minute bus journey. There is free parking on site though.

FinancialForce2015-05-21

"What an awesome company to work for!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sydney

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Camaraderie Flat management structure A feeling of worth Easy to connect and chat (And have a beer) with the CEO and any of the management team Your ideas count A disruptive tech company in hyper growth Seek forgiveness rather than permission Be accountable

Cons

Not a place to be if you need to be told what to do Not good if you want to corporate ladder - There isn't one Somewhat unstructured as there is a reliance on the individual to contribute

Advice to Management

More of the same

FinancialForce2015-01-22

"Overall great place to work"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

Fantastic product line, great culture, inspiring leadership team

Cons

Some growing pains, but all being addressed

FinancialForce2019-03-24

"Good technology"

Former Employee - Sales
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

Leading PSA solution, though a bit overpriced but well regarded in the marketplace with a strong relationship with Salesforce.

Cons

Semi-regular right sizing based on unreasonable financial targets and dysfunctional sales management organization. No real connection to field sales and interest in building a strong team.

FinancialForce2019-03-19

"Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Intentions are right and the leadership team is doing everything to launch this rocketship. Everyone in Sales celebrates your success and are willing to help. Sales enablement is doing everything to help be more efficient and are constantly introducing new tools. Great work/life balance.

Cons

Growing pains. It takes forever to find simple answers which leads to frustration.

Advice to Management

This is a great company with a great potential, the formula WAS right with the right direction but something has changed...its time to figure out what and fix it.

FinancialForce2019-03-07
  6. "Trending Upwards"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Product on the Salesforce platform creates truly unique advantages. New executive leadership team creating the right culture. Product team is world class.

Cons

Growing pains as a company as we scale to the next level.

FinancialForce2019-03-10

"To be frank"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

Workspace: a took a while but we now have a great workspace, actually designed to help us collaborate a be productive. People: nothing novel, I guess, but this is my review... I work with some wonderful people, many of whom I consider good friends. In general I feel the rapport and support for each other is pretty good. Senior management: they are listening to feedback and, to varying degrees, actioning and improving...

Cons

Salesforce: it can be restrictive, prescriptive and generally frustrating to work on. Although, I do recognise the benefits and it is improving. Communication: disjointed and lacking at times, plus the Career progression: we're getting there but has been a painful journey to get to the point of structure and visibility. Line managers: simply changing a person's title does not make them a good line manager!

FinancialForce2019-01-31
  8. "On the up!"

Current Employee - Administrative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great Benefits - Work / Life Balance - Respectful and approachable Exec Staff and impressive Sales leaders! - Positive, fun, energy around the office

Cons

- Standard growing pains, but we seem to be taking action on overcoming recently

Advice to Management

- invest in more culture builders

FinancialForce2019-02-05

"Great place to work"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart, hard working people, leadership team has coalesced nicely, deadwood doesn't last long here (thankfully). Good products, employee benefits, snacks and company social events. Onward and upward.

Cons

Can't think of anything out of the ordinary.

Advice to Management

Go public.

FinancialForce2019-01-24

"Product Manager"

I worked at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

- Remote working culture with flexibility and focus on getting the job done. - Good benefits - Volunteer time off each year for charity - Good Engineering talent

Cons

- Constant org structure and leadership changes. Constantly in last year, either execs resigned or let go in last year, and with new leaders, there is a sweep of people and role changes. - Volatility in Sales number quarter over quarter. - Lack of visibility on who gets promoted and career guidance framework.

Advice to Management

- Not a good strategy to Reorg by putting people in role that you know they don't like and will eventually leave . This might save on your severance cost but leaves a very bad taste in any employee who worked hard for your success. - Listen to Sales and Service - they are the one in direct contact with customers and know what market needs. 4 sales and service exec turnover in span of around 1 year says something.

FinancialForce2019-01-04