First Data Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

2.9
First Data CEO Frank Bisignano
Frank Bisignano
1,162 Ratings
Pros
  • "Great people to co-work and they all are professional(in 131 reviews)

• "Work with good people, good equipment(in 91 reviews)

Cons
  • "It used to be a great company, the benefits were great, the retirement plan was awesome (401K match), I wasn't worried about getting laid off(in 167 reviews)

• "No 401k match, although there is an employee stock purchase plan that is reasonably attractive(in 115 reviews)

1. "Product manager"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Melbourne

I worked at First Data full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

High efficiency, great working atmosphere

Cons

There is nothing to say

First Data2019-04-02
  2. "Great opportunities but high pressure environment"

Former Employee - Vice President in Sydney

I worked at First Data full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great careers opportunities if you prove yourself

Cons

High pressure, with lack of funding and resources

First Data2019-07-18

"Avoid."

Former Employee - Senior Computer Operator in North Sydney

I worked at First Data full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Not many, other than I worked with some very good people.

Cons

Offshoring - jobs are being sent overseas, with no thought or care as to customer impact. Layoffs - so many redundancies, in US IT Operations' case, just before they took on the work of other countries. They were not happy. Neither were we in Oz. Pathetic pay rises. Bonuses given as part money, part shares, which last can't be touched for 3 years (the shares that I was "given" in 2017 couldn't be touched until 2020).... Oh. and if made redundant, any unvested shares evaporate. I had some USD 2,000 in shares that disappeared in my redundancy. Enjoy them, Frank?

Advice to Management

Leave. Now. Let someone take over who values the employees (What happened to the mantra "People are our greatest asset"? It became "Payroll is our biggest expense". Remove yourselves from the payroll.

First Data2019-03-24

"PTSD The Numbness Remains"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I worked at First Data full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

None that i can recall

Cons

Micro management is an understatement. No focus, only on the US No strategy Catch phrase "If you dont like it, there are other companies you can work for" No product development No staff development The place was like a building full zombies customers come second to egos i wish i had something positive to say

Advice to Management

look after your people, and your customers. your ego will not pay the bills!

First Data2019-02-06

"First Data Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at First Data full-time for more than a year

Pros

Well recognized company leading to good career prospects if you choose to pursue your career in the banking and payments industry

Cons

There's too much company politics and 'power-plays' between different departments, which can take a toll on work . There's also too much micro-management of employees. Top management is rewarded with great salaries, but the rest are left and paid peanuts. Also, there is favoritism amongst management and promotion prospects for employees are bleak.

Advice to Management

Please stop micro managing employees and reward hardworking employees with the proper market salary.

First Data2018-09-27
  6. "Challenging but rewarding"

Former Employee - Business Account Manager in Sydney

I worked at First Data full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, client focused and Exec team open to feedback & recommendations

Cons

US driven budget makes responding to local investment at time challenging

First Data2018-08-23
  7. "CIO"

I worked at First Data full-time

Pros

Global Company, Excellent Emerging Technologies, Blue Chip Client Base

Cons

USA focus at expense of global business units, some opportunities being left on the table

Advice to Management

Good luck with all future endeavors

First Data2018-04-18

"Sydney office is very dysfunctional ... good staff continue to leave, read below!"

Current Employee - Vice President in North Sydney

I have been working at First Data full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Sydney office was once a great place to work and made you feel like you wanted to work and contribute to its success.

Cons

The best advice I can give about First Data Sydney is, I would not recommend joining it as it has suffered many setbacks in its overall business in Australia. Other reasons for avoiding First Data are: 1. Place does not treat its employees and other staff with any respect. 2. HR have no meaningful pathways or strategies for career development and progression at really any level. Training and career... development are virtually non-existent. No one really cares about this issue. 3. Management are completely disconnected from their staff and as a result continue to experience poor staff engagement, mass resignations and departures. Get out of FD if you can as it adds no value to your resume and career prospects. 4. Most of its top talent has left in the last few years for the better leaving behind an organisation that is now a shadow of what it used to be. 5. Pay and rewards across most levels and positions is woeful compared to market/industry averages. Accounting for cost of living increases, pay and salaries have actually regressed markedly. 6. Place has lost some really important clients and continues to lose ground in Australia to other competitors. 7. Workplace and its environment is very dated and underwhelming altogether.

Advice to Management

Start afresh by replacing the current management with better more staff centric and caring people. HR need to be held to account as the function has much to do with low staff morale, lack of support services and the non-existent career planning.

First Data2018-01-12

"Constant change"

I worked at First Data full-time

Pros

Global footprints , innovative products , on growth trajectory

Cons

lack of empowerment to country leaders

First Data2017-12-02

"No Career Growth and no Salary increase for 5 years"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at First Data full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It used to be a good Company to work before becoming Global and before current management.

Cons

Micromanagement. No logical strategy or plan. Lack of vision. Management did not listen to employees, expected way more than what the team can provide and cut down employees along with increased load of work. Blind push for everything which lead to failure and stress.

Advice to Management

Need to support Employee to grow not only you. Stop destroying value of the company with your micromanagement!

First Data2017-11-18