Flight Centre Travel Group Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 28 Jul 2020

3.6
Flight Centre Travel Group CEO Graham "Skroo" Turner
Graham "Skroo" Turner
Pros
  • "Unlimited annual leave, lots of travel, work hard play hard(in 60 reviews)

• "Awesome travel perks, great work/life balance(in 56 reviews)

Cons
  • "Tough sales targets which can sometimes encourage long hours(in 164 reviews)

• "Work life/balance can be difficult to manage(in 133 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Store Manager"

5.0
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

High Support, huge earning potential, flexible rosters

Cons

Long hours at times

November 19, 2018Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your experience of working for Flight Centre. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your time with us. As with all current employee reviews, we will take on board your constructive feedback.

2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Sydney

Pros

Culture, values. Opportunity for real progression for those who have the drive to do so.

Cons

Long hours, Customer complaints, Low base salary.

3. "Great Team"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Brisbane

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great especially if your young and single. Lots of flexible working arrangements and social gatherings

Cons

Can be long hours/days and its a reap what you sow situation so not so great for when you need extended leave like holidays etc

4. "Too focused on share prices."

Former Employee - Travel Agent in Brisbane
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good team, a high level of team work throughout most of my time with FCTG.

Cons

Low wages, long hours, poor management and the brand change was not done well for those of in the niche brands. Niche brand went from being a consultative role with forward looking goals, to a retail role that didn't care about skill or care.

March 16, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to give a balanced review of your experience working at Flight Centre Travel Group. Big decisions such as brand changes are never easy, and we'll make sure we pass on your advice to management. We wish you the best with your future and hope that our paths may cross again some time.

"Long Hours for bad pay"

Current Employee - Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible with travel- extratime off

Cons

Long hours and crappy pay

6. "You get out what you put in ..."

Current Employee - Travel Consultant in Adelaide

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some great perks and excellent fun culture

Cons

No longevity rewards , long hours and high pressure

January 5, 2020

Thank you for sharing your experience of working for Flight Centre. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your time with us. As with all current employee reviews, we will take on board your feedback and pass on the advice to the management team.

"Depressive"

Current Employee - Travel Consultant in Melbourne
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lovely customers New destinations Improved communation

Cons

Long hours Favoritism Very stressful Cut throat

July 8, 2019Marketing Manager - People & Culture

Thank you for sharing your experience of working for Flight Centre. As with all current employee reviews, we will take on board your constructive feedback. It's true that the role as a travel consultant with Flight Centre is a sales and target driven role with performance based pay. It's not something that everyone will enjoy, however if you enjoy working toward goals and a pay structure that grows as you grow, you'll enjoy it here.

8. "Travel Consultant"

Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Nambour

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, interesting work as always different destinations to research.

Cons

Sales Targets and long hours

June 13, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your positive experience working for us.

"Fun Atmosphere, Terrible Pay"

Former Employee - Retail Travel Agent in Brisbane

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Work with amazing people - Interesting job in the fact that you create a wide range of holidays for people - Monthly staff "buzz nights" to celebrate achievements

Cons

- Pay is terrible. Only receive a fraction of the overall sales as commission - If you don't make enough commission to meet 'minimum wage' they top you up, but you have to pay that back the following month - Long hours and no rewards

May 21, 2019Recruitment Leader

"It's true that the role as a travel consultant with Flight Centre is a sales and target driven role with performance based pay. It's not something that everyone will enjoy, however if you enjoy working toward goals and a pay structure that grows as you grow, you'll enjoy it here. As at October, 2018, guaranteed minimum earnings for a first year consultant with no prior experience is $39,920 per year. This can increase up to $57,582 for a qualified and experienced consultant. Penalty rates for weekends and evening work are paid in addition to these amounts as well as employee commission payments which operate on a scale from 10% to 35% of the total monthly company commission that you achieve. "

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time

Pros

- Fun and energetic working environment - Celebrate successes - Discount on travel

Cons

- Long hours and sometimes difficult work/life balance

November 19, 2018Recruitment Coordinator