Four Seasons Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

John Davison
  1. "FS"

Current Employee - Front Office

I have been working at Four Seasons full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Room nights and discount on rooms

Cons

I don’t have any cons

Four Seasons2019-07-11

July 30, 2019Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your review and letting us know that we’re on the right track! We love hearing reviews like this about what makes working at Four Seasons so special.

2. "Excellent"

I worked at Four Seasons full-time

Pros

Great work culture, flexibility with hours

Cons

Micro management , some staff disorganisation

Four Seasons2019-02-19
  3. "Great education for employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I worked at Four Seasons part-time

Pros

Great culture, good training, learn about all aspects of the hotel from start to finish, enables you to gain a comprehensive training in multiple areas and enhance an individuals skillset immensely.

Cons

Long processes within recruitment & internally with hiring process in what would otherwise be a simple series of steps. Can often be gossipy and catty in a place where so many employees in close quarters- a game of Chinese whispers.

Advice to Management

More transparency across operations and management with opportunities, conflicts and news. Ensure there is clarity amongst staff & departments to prevent conflicts

Four Seasons2018-06-13
  4. "Front desk"

I have been working at Four Seasons full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Comp nights, good working environment

Cons

Long Hours and shifts can vary

Four Seasons2018-02-25

March 5, 2018Manager, Talent Acquisition and Engagement

Thank you choosing Four Seasons as your employer – we appreciate that there are a great many choices of hospitality companies. Thank you for choosing us. We are glad to know that you enjoy our work environment and our Complimentary Room Stay program. You are certainly right in calling out some of the challenges with shifts and hours within the hospitality industry. With that said; we are not satisfied with the status quo and are always looking for ways to do better. We encourage you to share any thoughts or ideas you have with your leadership team via our Open Door policy or with your HR team so that we can continue to work towards improving the work experience even more. Wishing you all the very best and thank you for sharing your feedback. Alexandra Human Resources – Home Office

5. "Director of I.T."

I have been working at Four Seasons full-time

Pros

Multinational with many career opportunities

Cons

It's very good place to join.

Four Seasons2018-03-04
  6. "four seasons"

I worked at Four Seasons full-time

Pros

The people who work in the inner working of the hotel (f&b teams, roomservice, housekeeping) are the real highlight of working here. Incredibly friendly, family esque team.

Cons

Any complaints made to Hr are brushed away as a mistake/miscommunication. Chefs (especially english as a second language chefs/immigrants/visa workers) are treated more poorly than others, for a company with a name like Four Seasons it is surprising how little they adhere to legal requirements like confirming with both parties before using annual leave/or deciding not to pay the overtime worked. And when an... employee does raise an issue/complaint to the company unprofessional scare tactics are used instead of facing the issue. eg cutting of shifts, shunning, making workplace uncomfortable.

Advice to Management

Many of the non-caucasian workers in the food and beverage department are not treated as well as caucasians, especially by the food and beverage director.

Four Seasons2018-01-29
  7. "It is a good bran to work for"

I worked at Four Seasons full-time

Pros

Good bran to work for and opportunity to move around the world

Cons

There is favouritism going around the hotel, good people leave leaving the bad ones. It is a cycle

Four Seasons2018-01-12

January 19, 2018Manager, Talent Acquisition and Engagement

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us. We are troubled to hear your concern about favoritism - that is certainly not in-line with the type of employee experience we try to create at our hotels around the world. We welcome you to contact your former HR team to share your concerns as we would like the opportunity to be able to make improvements in the future. Thank you again and we wish you all the very best in your next role. Alexandra Home Office - Human Resources

"Bar"

Bar Staff in Sydney

I worked at Four Seasons for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere, nice colleagues, good pay, amazing training opportunities, great location and amazing brand to work for in Australia - Sydney

Cons

Terrible management - literally the reason I left. She was a bully and both HR and other management did not care about her behavior towards staff.

Advice to Management

please leave

Four Seasons2016-12-12
  9. "Four Seasons Sydney"

Former Employee - Hostess/Server in Sydney

I worked at Four Seasons part-time

Pros

Great workplace culture. The upper management at this location were caring, with a true open door policy and concern for employees. One of the best places to start, especially for those who are in a management in training program.

Cons

Wish that my time had been longer with the company, giving me more opportunity to grow and learn more, and deliver more. Unfortunately, there is no location to transfer to near my present location.

Advice to Management

Consistiency and training are key. The restaurant manager would be more effective in offering less micro management and more tools for team success.

Four Seasons2015-12-14

"Great training, and work environment though limited staff recognition"

Food and Beverage in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Four Seasons

Pros

Four Seasons had some of the best induction training I have experienced. Reinforce the brands standards continuously and encourage staff to meet customer exceptions through different avenues. I completed a 6 month internship with the company and was able to continue after my internship had ended.

Cons

Very political and hierarchical. I had four department managers in my time with the hotel (just over a year). I also applied for another position within the hotel through HR to expand my skills after a year with the hotel, had an informal chat with the relevant department head and never heard anything regarding the outcome of my application. Limited staff recognition which would work wonders for a company trying... to encourage the highest service standards from their staff.

Advice to Management

Upper level management really need to talk to, listen and encourage lower level operational staff, this would help lessen the impact of such a hierarchical organisation. More staff recognition would go a long way.

Four Seasons2015-08-25