GMR Marketing Reviews

Updated 6 Aug 2020

4.0
GMR Marketing CEO Cameron Parsons (no image)
Cameron Parsons
Pros
  • "Great feed-back structure and well as great people(in 24 reviews)

• "Creative environment with a great culture(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance was a large issue for me(in 10 reviews)

• "I have no cons about working for this company(in 8 reviews)

1. "Great Culture"

I worked at GMR Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, teamwork, and comradery.

Cons

A corporate culture that thrives in experiential only.

August 7, 2020GMR Marketing

Thank you for your positive review and tenure with GMR! We wish you the best!

"The job is what you make of it"

I worked at GMR Marketing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are an incredible amount of opportunities to take advantage of, and if you're a go-getter, you will thrive in this environment. This job truly is what you make of it. Don't work here if you're more comfortable being on the sidelines, you won't go far. Management is very transparent and I believe truly listens to employees and their feedback.

Cons

Work-life balance was a large issue for me. I appreciated that my manager was flexible with needing to leave work early or for appointments, but your evenings and weekends would often be robbed at a moment's notice.

July 27, 2020GMR Marketing

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us! Some of the work we do can be demanding but we strive to create a work life balance suitable for your needs such as leaving early or working remote from home. Thank you for your tenure with us and we wish you the best on your future endeavors!

3. "Great Opportunities"

Former Employee - Product Support Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at GMR Marketing full-time

Pros

Some of the best opportunities to work with the top sponsors of the biggest sporting events!

Cons

overall i had an awesome experience

July 27, 2020GMR Marketing

Thank you very much for this feedback! We love hearing the positive experience you created during your time with GMR. We wish you the best!

4. "GMR is a JOKE"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in New Berlin, WI
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at GMR Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

I formed amazing relationships with some of my coworkers. Unfortunately none of them work at GMR anymore either.

Cons

Where to begin... GMR has the absolute worst HR and leadership. I have never experienced such disrespect at a company. If you are not in "the club" don't expect to be respected. They only good thing about the company is that everyone's the same age and you can drink on the job. So if you want to be underpaid, overworked, but given a free beer at work, this place is for you.

August 4, 2020GMR Marketing

Thank you for your feedback and candor with GMR. We encourage our employees to voice their concerns through various mediums such as our quarterly anonymous Employee Engagement Survey’s. Our Leaders take this feedback very seriously to ensure employee satisfaction. We apologize for the less than pleasant experience you had at GMR and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

5. "Sexual Harassment"

1.0
    Former Employee - Videographer/Editor in New Berlin, WI

I worked at GMR Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Headquarters are in New Berlin/ Milwaukee area which has a lower cost of living.

Cons

I faced repeated sexual harassment. When I reported it, I was retaliated against. Lower level HR was kind, but the upper level folks gaslit me by asking me questions such as, "Are you sure you even want to work here?" I heard even worse stories from co-workers who were people of color and worked in the main building. If you want a merit-based, productive work environment, stay away from this one. If you are a white man and like to shuffle work off onto other people who you simultaneously mistreat, this place is for you. All too typical, unfortunately.

"Unsafe"

1.0
    Former Employee - Field Manager in New Berlin, WI

I worked at GMR Marketing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Travel, per diem, independence, working outdoors

Cons

Noone cares about safety at this company. If you work in the field, know that the office staff isn't interested in DOT laws, your general well-being, or making sure you have a work-life balance. As long as the client is happy, they'll grind you down without a second thought.

July 20, 2020GMR Marketing

Thank you for providing us with this feedback – both positive and constructive. We take all feedback seriously and our employees’ safety is our top priority. We encourage you to reach out to our Field team at fieldstaffing@gmrmarketing.com with any additional feedback you’d like to share about your experience. We will be providing this feedback with our Leadership Team to help us moving forward. Thank you for your tenure with us and best of luck in your next role.

7. "Love it here!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Client Services

I have been working at GMR Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong, open leadership, career opportunities/focus on career development, cool client work, inclusive and warm culture

Cons

I don't have any at this time

June 2, 2020GMR Marketing

Thank you for this positive review! We are glad you are enjoying your time at GMR.

"Leadership accountability creates uncertain future"

Former Employee - GMR Leadership in New Berlin, WI
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at GMR Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people within the agency you are able to surround yourself with and the final product that is delivered to clients and consumers is a huge pro. The passion within the agency is remarkable.

Cons

The disappointment in the lack of accountability the Leaders of Staffing/HR are held to is disheartening. It is obvious the employees who are not expected to be leaders are overworked while the “leaders” who are supposed to lead the human nature of the company hold the least accountability. How they continue to get away with this may remain unknown. Manipulation? Lies? Free pass?

June 18, 2020GMR Marketing

While we are disappointed to hear of your experience, we appreciate your candor. Our employees are encouraged to voice their opinions through various mediums to include anonymous engagement surveys, employee resource groups, and in discussions with their direct manager and/or HR Business Partner. We take all feedback seriously and will provide our Leadership Team with this insight to address your concerns and spark change moving forward.

"Toxic Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Berlin, WI

I have been working at GMR Marketing full-time

Pros

Cool work, big company, travel opportunities

Cons

Deep ingrained toxic old boys club culture. God awful managers. There are SO many young talented amazing people employed there wasting their time. Young talent is underpaid, undervalued, overlooked and not rewarded. If it is seen, it's because you are the classic white male mold that they think equals success. They do not value diversity of any kind, it is vilified. Do not be fooled by the social media party facade on social media.

May 15, 2020GMR Marketing

We take all feedback seriously and appreciate your candor. While this is challenging feedback, we appreciate the opportunity to understand every employee’s perspective. Our Head of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion has been partnering with agency leadership to prioritize an inclusive and unified workplace. We encourage our employees to voice their concerns in real time with their HR Business Partner so that they can address and evaluate these concerns appropriately. We thank you for your contributions to GMR and greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us your honest feedback.

10. "The best company out there, really."

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Panama City Beach, FL

I have been working at GMR Marketing part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

"Everything" as this company has alot to offer.

Cons

"None" as of yet & I'm sure there won't be any Issues/Cons either.

April 17, 2020GMR Marketing

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your time with us. Thank you for continuing to make great experiences as a Brand Ambassador!

Found 339 reviews