GYK Antler Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Travis York
  1. "Great start"

Current Employee - Design Intern

I have been working at GYK Antler full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love it there, loved the work!

Cons

I don't have any cons

GYK Antler2019-07-03

"Do Not be Fooled by the Cold Brew and Beer on Tap"

I worked at GYK Antler full-time

Pros

They close the week of Christmas and the Fourth of July. They have a few cool clients to display on your resume.

Cons

Where to begin…GYK Antler has a toxic workplace environment and continues to baffle with their ineptitude as they try and fail to grow their business. Do not be fooled by the cold brew and beer on tap – this is not a friendly place to work for young people, women, or minorities. They do the bare minimum when it comes to proper management or professional development of their employees, and gaslight any person... attempting to get a well-deserved raise or promotion. They treat talented employees as disposables – sucking them of all the productivity they can get for as long as they can while underpaying them and making no attempt to keep talent when they leave. It seems to me that employee turnover is abnormally high and that they drag their feet on rehiring for open positions, often leaving their remaining employees scrambling to cover work that wasn’t theirs. Office politics are petty and leadership makes everything personal. The only thing you will take away from working here is knowing how you don’t want to be treated as an employee.

Advice to Management

It's 2019 - get with the program. In this job market you will not succeed or grow if you don't invest in your employees and their futures.

GYK Antler2019-03-25
  3. "Doing A Lot Of Things Right, Working On Improving Others"

I have been working at GYK Antler full-time for more than a year

Pros

GYK Antler does a lot right. They have a good focus on responsible growth, they regularly punch above their weight, and it's clear they care about their employees on a human level. There's a lot to be excited about in terms of new business wins and future projects, and a lot of potential for positive growth in the next year. All signs point to good things ahead for the agency as a whole, and in turn the people who... work here.

Cons

Like any mid-sized agency, your experience here can be largely dependent on where you work and what accounts you touch. Some are frankly more creative, and more enjoyable, and others suffer from more demanding/inflexible clients, teams, and structures.

Advice to Management

Invest in retaining employees. Invest in all the offices—not just Manchester. Take a closer look at which employees actually add value, and which ones put on a good show.

GYK Antler2019-03-14

"Awful upper and middle management"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at GYK Antler full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a dog friendly office.

Cons

The CEO is a decent guy, but middle and upper management is where it all falls apart. The people who are actually doing the work every day are great, but the people who sit in their offices are toxic. Employees frequently vocalize unhappiness and no action is taken. No focus on career development. The company leads with fear and empty promises.

Advice to Management

Reflect on your leadership. The company meeting pep talks are getting tired. Do something.

GYK Antler2019-02-09

"Waiting around to be fired"

I have been working at GYK Antler full-time

Pros

Easy commute for most people

Cons

Surprise layoffs or firings really lower morale. Seems like a pretend agency and not a legitimate business.

Advice to Management

Get some real accounts

GYK Antler2019-02-06

"Overall, great place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

I have been working at GYK Antler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

GYK Antler was ranked by Forbes as a top 25 small business in America for a reason. All of our offices are modern and collaborative, the benefits are competitive, and most importantly, the people who work here are awesome.

Cons

I've completely run out of new lunch places to try (thanks a lot, Manchester) and sometimes the parking garage is so full that I have to go up to the third floor (thanks a lot, Quilting Expo). Compensation leaves a little to be desired.

Advice to Management

Lots of exciting changes and improvements lately, keep heading in the right direction.

GYK Antler2017-05-12
  7. "Designer"

Current Employee - Designer in Boston, MA

I have been working at GYK Antler full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice senior designer, and feel when you first arrive. However doesn't last long.

Cons

They use designers during busy times and fire when they loose steam. Shady business, don't be fooled by them. Designers beware!

GYK Antler2017-05-10
  8. "Business Development Intern"

Business Development Intern in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at GYK Antler for less than a year

Pros

Great exposure to multiple different business avenues/infrastructures. Atmosphere & culture alone go unmatched, it's a great experience for anyone. Employees are all super friendly and helpful, never felt judged or like I was bothering anyone with asking questions.

Cons

Work can become redundant after some time. Not much opportunity for working on anything besides your designated tasks, can find yourself staring at the clock in some instances.

GYK Antler2016-12-13
  9. "Anonymous"

I worked at GYK Antler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Culture, co-workers, and work-life balance.

Cons

Lack of a middle level staff, compensation, training and development.

GYK Antler2016-12-06
  10. "Great company!"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Waltham, MA

I have been working at GYK Antler for more than a year

Pros

Great environment, both the Manchester and Boston offices are very welcoming and inviting. The employees give off great vibes, making working there fun. As an intern, I've appreciated the efforts they make in asking you what you want to learn and get out of your time there.

Cons

The pay is definitely on the low side; most other industry internships pay 50%-100% more. But I would say the experience is also worth something. Not sure if this is a con, but I don't think I'm getting an authentic "internship" experience like larger companies provide - like intern events or outings or projects. Although it's something I may be missing, I do appreciate feeling like part of my departments team,... like an integral part of the machine.

GYK Antler2016-07-19