Gallup Reviews

4.2
Gallup Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Clifton
Jim Clifton
Pros
Cons
  • "work/life balance, no structure, overwork culture(in 19 reviews)

• "Employee engagement activities went from being a paid and frequent staple that employees looked forward to, to infrequent and unpaid requirements(in 15 reviews)

1. "An organisation meant for people looking for long-term careers and immense job satisfaction"

Current Employee - Business Development Consultant

I have been working at Gallup full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great remuneration packages, benefits, work-life flexibility and manager-employee relation. Gallup creates a significantly positive impact on its customers as well as its employees. Supportive environment where motivation is plenty and successes are applauded globally. Truly a benchmark for other organisations!

Cons

The depth of work and services offered classify as Intellectual Property, Analytics and Education. This involves a substantial, gradual learning of the entirety of what Gallup does and requires patience. Slow and Steady wins the race at Gallup!

"Negative Psychology"

1.0
    Former Employee - Lost Talent in North Sydney

I worked at Gallup full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good learning opportunities. Good science, and IP.

Cons

Total internal dysfunction, where people spend most of their day navigating the drama and uncertainty while fighting to manage their threat state caused by the disconnect between the espoused values and teachings and the experienced internal reality. The environment borders on abuse where people need to petition for their value and fight for fairness in the workplace. There is not a culture of acknowledgement or respect of the individual and their contribution. "Leadership" relies on the talent of the few front staff staff who actually have a work ethic, because they are complete devoid of any. The current regional manager operates completely without any basic sense of authenticity, professional business experience or basic intelligence. Put in place only as a result of seemly effective sycophantic, political playing and riding on the shirt tails of the hard work of others; attaching to success, then quickly distancing from failure. Authenticity, hard work, commitment, dedication; these things are not understood or valued by management.

November 2, 2018CHRO

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s unfortunate that your experiences do not match what we hear from so many of our others associates in our Sydney office. Our office’s high engagement results and lengthy average tenure tell a different story than yours. We have a strong sense of collaboration and a feeling of family in Sydney, and it’s an exciting time for us as we are experiencing unprecedented growth in Australia and the region. We credit our hardworking, dedicated and committed associates for helping us achieve and surpass our goals, helping to solidify our strengths-based, engagement-focused culture. Best of luck in your future career.

"Business Development Consultant"

Current Employee - Business Development Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Gallup full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best culture I have ever experienced at any workplace, excellent work life balance, great rewards, recognition and a fantastic boss

Cons

Can be a bit challenging with the workload, but i guess that's the same with all workplaces. Pay could be better too to reflect efforts put in and initiatives shown

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Gallup full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The solutions, advice and analytics that Gallup provide are unrivalled. There is no other place that I know of that do flexibility like we do. As a full time working mother of two young children, I have been able to design my own work style and arrangements that suit my family and the demands of my role. The culture is truly strengths-based. People know and appreciate the differences in others, and value the contribution that those differences make. Over 60% women in my particular function, so I am proud of the diversity at Gallup.

Cons

As a relatively flat organization, those who are looking to climb a corporate ladder may not be suited. However development opportunities are ongoing, with continued specialization and growth.

May 31, 2018Employment Brand Manager

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! We know that life happens outside of work, and because we hire people who are committed to making great client impact, having a flexible work culture that you’re able to design makes sense. Thank you for your contributions over the past 8 years – cheers to many more in the future!

"Approaching two decades at Gallup"

Current Employee - Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Gallup full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

As I approach two decades working full time at Gallup I would say it's the culture, people, and the opportunity to work with a set of tools and products that have no equal in the industry that make everyday at work worthwhile, that keeps me here.

Cons

Some may consider lengthily tenures in a negative attribute, i don"t.

May 31, 2018CHRO

Congratulations on almost two decades at Gallup! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences here. Our culture is a result of a collective effort all of our employees put forth every day to shape and strengthen our work environment-- thank you for your contributions during your impressive tenure here.

"Operations"

4.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Gallup full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good team culture. Management are engaged and enthusiastic.

Cons

Isolated from head office in US, too much requires approvals not enough autonomy.

"Dissolusionement"

1.0

I have been working at Gallup full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great research, mission and purpose focused-meaningful work

Cons

Conservative, family business, insular. Lacks foresight, vision and commercial awareness, slow to move on changing markets. Pathetic "leadership team; values tenure over talent, political gaming and manipulative tactics. Hypocritical and insincere, self preservation, self justification and progressing one's own agenda is the focus.

Continue reading

"Political and lacking in genuine care"

2.0
    Former Employee - Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Gallup full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the services Gallup offer are very good. They assist organizations to perform better by getting them to pay attention to things that matter in the workplace.

Cons

A political organization that doesn't value the work of their employees. Training was too little too late and at a very superficial level. I originally had a very supportive manager but after he left, the management team were arrogant and lacked a genuine concern for their employees and their customers. It became all about generating fees, regardless of value to client and regardless of our ability to deliver the services.

"It's not the culture"

Current Employee - Associate Consultatnt in Washington, DC

I have been working at Gallup full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary, flexibility, coworkers, promotion, learning opportuntites

Cons

work/life balance, no structure, overwork culture

Continue reading
  10. "Great place to work!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup full-time

Pros

Great culture and leadership in the company!

Cons

Compensation is a little low.

Found 600 reviews